Parking Charge Notice - CP Plus have ignored my appeal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

A few weeks back I received a PCN from CP Plus for overstaying my welcome at the Moto Dinnington Services.

I appealed their decision via a rather lengthy letter that I sent to them via recorded delivery a couple of weeks back (can't remember the exact date without logging onto my computer at work and finding the serial number). I know they received it as it was signed for.

This morning I received a 'Legal Action Pending' notice asking for £140 with no mention of my appeal!

Why have they ignored it and what are my next steps to sort this out? Is this grounds for cancellation of the PCN?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Was this a ticket on the windscreen job?

Or did you get a notice to keeper (NTK) speculative invoice through the post?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well in my limited knowledge of parking rules, wait for them to respond to your appeal, which didn't need to be any more than one sentence,

I can't see anything on their toy story website that says if they belong to any official parking body? BPA IAS?

http://http://cp-plus.co.uk/index.html

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

They're BPA members, so this'll be an easy win at POPLA, or in court if they're really stupid enough to issue legal proceedings without addressing your appeal.

DO NOT do anything to remind them, let them make their own mistakes. If they fail to follow the correct procedure, anything they try will surely fail miserably thumbup.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Thanks for all of your responses in such short notice!

Dragonfly, in the unlikely event that they were to take it further, when do I reveal to them that they have in fact ignored my appeal?

And I'm presuming that I'm going to get a couple of more letters from debt recovery agencies, it's any after that that I'm scared of!

Sorry for all the questions - I was just this close to giving up and paying for it until I realised they had completely ignored my appeal.

Thanks once again!

Edited by hayesy221190

IF it gets that far, you'd reveal it in your county court defence evidence. If at that point they didn't withdraw, the judge will probably tear them a new one for wasting his/her time ;) Win-Win

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

The usual form is...

NTK

NTK reminder

NTK final notice

Debt collectors letter

Debt collectors letter (with red ink)

Debt collectors letter (increasingly desperate (last chance to pay us yada yada))

Give up or issue letter before action (usually the former)

Not naive, just unaware of your rights, something which these corporations/private companies/& Government like to exploit!

Thanks, Bazooka.

I'm hoping this thread will stay open until the "process" has finished.

Hopefully it will end at the Final Chance to Pay part but I'm a worrier so like to be prepared for the worst!

they have 35 days to consider your appeal and then if they dont give you a POPLA code they lose their right to chase the keeper of the vehicle. Let them hang themselves and just watch the clock. This new letter isnt part of the procedure, just evidence of harassment.

Well, they've emailed me for some reason!

Dear Sir,

Please find attached the original Parking Charge Notice.

We apologise if you are experiencing problems when using our online website.

We can confirm that your Notice reference is correct. Please see the below screenshot of how the data needs to be entered to gain access to the online payment section.

We have now amended our system to allow you 14 days from the date of this correspondence to make payment of £60.

Yours Faithfully,

CP Plus LTD

Funny thing is. I logged onto this website and it said I had to pay £140!

Shall I reply at all?

Thanks again!

Don't even think about it!

Leave them to cock it all up on their own. Once they've made their bed, it's them that are going to have to lay in it wink.png It's not your job to point out their mistakes, only to take advantage of them when they make them thumbup.gif

Yup, they have 35 days to WRITE to you and then game over for keeper liability. Dont poke them and wake them up.

Hi ericsbrother,

So am I of the understanding that, despite them having emailed me, they are supposed to reply in writing to my appeal that I sent to them in the post?

Thanks again,

yes and they have a set time to do it. This is in the earlier postings so ignore them unless they give you that vital valid POPLA code within time. No code with rejection letter (to be received within 35 days of your appeal) then no keeper liability-simples!

That is why you dont want to be riminding them that they arent compliant, they may just get their act together and then you have another hoop to jump through to beat them. At the moment they are busy loading their gun to shoot themselves in the foot.

I have had a notice today from CPplus I entered at 9-06 left at 12-22 £100 or pay up now £60, thing is what do you put in the appeal letter? I have overstayed but the cost is about £1-30 per minute surely that's excessive?

Rinkender, start your own thread as yous will be at a different place under different circumstances and is at a different stage of the process to this post. Tell us when and why and you will get the individual advice you need.

Ok will do