Beckiboo Vs Barclays

Beckiboo2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Been reading the forum for a while.

Am just about to go and post my 1st letter to Barclays (recored delivery!) asking for a list of charges/statements, so counting down the days until I get something in the post from them.

After being charged between £30-120 a month for as long as I can remember, and constatly living in my overdraft, I've decided enough is enough. How are we supposed to get ourselves out of debt with the bank while they consistently charge us stupid amounts of money. It's a viscious circle and needs to stop!

Look forward to letting you all know whats happening and reading your stories of success!!

Barclays: DPA sent 18/04/06. Statements received 27/04/06. Letter asking for it back sent 27/04/06.

Egg: DPA sent 20/04/06

Capital One: DPA sent 20/04/06. Letter received stating info will be sent ASAP on 25/04/06

Welcome, and do keep us posted.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Welcome, and well done.

Keep us posted.

Just so that you know, Barclays so far have had a pattern of offering part (sometimes 1/2) of the charges back, then when you refuse, to stick their heels in. Don't let that worry you.

Well I haven't heard anything back from Barclays yet (but it's only been a couple of days)- BUT I have managed to dig out 9 months of random statements (I'm awful at keeping them all in one place!) and so far the charges have totalled £585!!!!!!

In 9 months! Thats crazy! I literally cannot wait now to recieve the rest of the statements. Barclays have been fleecing me for god knows how long, and like everyone else, I just accepted it. Well no more.

I've decided to go for my two credit cards too. My Egg statements online only go back a year and I had no idea that they'd charged me £100 in that time!

And Capital One is worse. Looking through my statements it shows that most months I've been charged £60 for late payment, overlimit fee and returned DD fees. Thats outrageous.So far I've found 6 months of statements and they owe me £240.

All I want to say is thankyou to this site for advertising the fact that we don't have to lie down and take what the big banks give us. It's time for the little people to fight back and hopefully enough people will and show the banks that we wont be beaten!!!

Barclays: DPA sent 18/04/06. Statements received 27/04/06. Letter asking for it back sent 27/04/06.

Capital One: DPA sent 20/04/06. Letter received stating info will be sent ASAP on 25/04/06

Got my post this morning, and it included two big envelopes from Barclays containing my last 4 years info.

Also contained a compliments slip saying-

'Please find enclosed return of your cheques for £10.00 (ten pounds). The service you requested is free of charge'

Oh really?! Then how come some people have been charged? Hmmmmmm

So today I'll be totting up all their charges ready to send my asking-for-it-back letter.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks