Who on earth is the "Victim" on my court fine for speeding?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:???::???::???::???::???::???::???:

Sent my fine and paper licence in pre addressed envelope, but according to DVLA was never received.

Consequence was that I ended up with a court date, went and pleaded guilty.

35 in a 30!!

Duty solicitor dealt with it in court and I was there about ten mins.

Fine arrives in the post and includes a "Victim" charge,

are they really allowed to get away with this??

Can somebody please explain "who the victim is?" as it was a flipping fixed speed camera.

What sort of government con is this????:???:

Its a statutory charge. Goes to road fund or victim support or something.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Motorists guilty of minor 'crimes' such as parking misdemeanors are to be hit with a £15 surcharge to help victims of domestic violence or sex attacks.

The amount will be added to fixed penalty tickets given out by police for breaking parking regulations, contravening a stop sign, speeding and even having dirty windows.

Motorists will be forced by law to pay the charge – even though their offence has no 'victim'.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It's a staturory charge levied on (just about) everyone convucted of an offence, which goes to pay for services for victims of crime in general. It has nothing to do with the victims of your particular crime (if there are any).

Somebody, not necessarily you, voted the last government in and this is what they gave us.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Nobody voted for the last 2.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D