PCN Issued for Car Not Parked Correctly Within Parking Bay or Space Markings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has received a PCN from a Harrow Council civil enforcement officer, saying she was parked outside the parking bay markings where she parked. This was because a van had been parked similarly before the other drivers arrived and parked. The other drivers arriving to park were also having to park ouside their bay markings. None were grossly over their bay markings to take out a parking bay or to cause a danger to other drivers.

Only my wife's car received a PCN. No video or photographic evidence is included with the Council's PCN record so there is no visual evidence from the Council to back up their officer's claim.

My wife has a photo of another car similarly parked that did not have a PCN fixed to the windscreen and a witness statement confirming the details of the whole situation.

What are the reasonable grounds for an appeal and is it likely that the PCN will be cancelled?

Edited by Allen94

It does seem strange, but is not a viable line of appeal. The others seem to have got away with it - why, I don't know.

Have you asked the council if they have any photographic evidence? They might have. It's not necessary for them to enforce the PCN, but if you could obtain a photo showing a series of cars all affecting one another as you describe, then that might add something to an appeal if you were to make one.