Help with home improvement required.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am sure this is being posted in the wrong place, but I have no idea if there is an area here for it, so please excuse me if its wrong.

Just a question really.

I have an uncle who is in his late 50's. He lives in a council property, but came into a bit of money about 7 years ago, which was enough to add a small conservatory to his home which he and his wife use.

His problem is, the roof has started to leak, and he cannot afford to pay a company the cost to get it fully repaired. So, every time it rains, it leaks, and this is causing damp to grow out there.

He and his wife are both disabled and on income based benefits. I think its income related ESA, plus he gets DLA med-high and she gets pip enhanced-standard.

Would anyone know if there are charities or funds that could help them?

Sadly they cannot go back to the person who built the conservatory, as it was an off the shelf sale on ebay, not a company and it was my dad and some others that built it for them, and my Dad cannot sort it out as he died last year, so I just wondered if there is any help they can get?

Just to add, they have had a couple of builders out to quote and are being quoted £2000-£3000 for a new roof, which is actually more than they paid initially for the conservatory.