GMAC Mortgage reclaims, can i still claim ?

Prouty99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3319 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After getting my other half to go through a bunch of documentation, it turns out that she had a GMAC mortgage which was paid up in around 2008, and prior to this she was hammered with all kinds of charges for some time.

After some searching around on the net, it seems that GMAC should have sent her a letter regarding the redress scheme in the wake of the FSA 2009 ruling on their unfair practices, but she doesn't recall ever getting any mail from them regarding this issue. I knew about the GMAC thing a long time ago, but myself and partner haven't been together long, and she had no idea until I asked her if she had any dealings with any of the companies that had been fined in the past.

I gather that GMAC went pear shaped, and are now under another organisation (Paratus I believe), so is there any sense in starting the ball rolling through these people right now in 2015 ?

I already battered Welcome finance on her behalf, which was a pretty quick and simple affair really, but I expect these Paratus people to be a more difficult process.

The original redress telephone number has been discontinued ( 0800 030 4662 ), so I guess firstly it may be a matter of just contacting Paratus maybe

Any thoughts anyone ?

If you cannot take on a problem head on, go around the sides, over the top, or underneath. If you still have problems, then change the rules. If you can't change the rules then manipulate yourself into a position where you make the rules.

Its worth a try at Paratus, they are pains to deal with, don't reply to letters and send out letters giving you 7 days to reply which were sent 5 days previously by slow post.

Keep every letter with the envelope stapled to it you receive from them, this can help prove that they are not very up front at dealing with you.

Good luck and be prepared for the long haul on this one.

Thanks for the reply,

I guess that the pressure is off as the mortgage has been paid up some time ago. My strategy is a 3 pronged attack really, I want to sort out the exit fee, which I don't think will be a problem as this was part of the FSA criticism of them in 2009, then I want to go for the PPI, and as an outside chance I am also going to try for the over inflated late payment charges etc....

Do you think that this will involve 3 separate cases, or do you think they may just lump all of these issues into the same case ?

By the way, after a 20 year stretch as a trade union official, I am used to dirty tricks, subterfuge, and blackmail :)

If you cannot take on a problem head on, go around the sides, over the top, or underneath. If you still have problems, then change the rules. If you can't change the rules then manipulate yourself into a position where you make the rules.

I think that you will need to submit 2 claims at least, one for the PPI and one for the charges. I am not sure about the exit fee and whether that could be tagged on to the charges claim.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ok, I had a reply...

At least I know they don't intend to deal with this via email

Good Afternoon Mr. Prouty

Please forward any correspondence to –

ParatusAMC

5, Arlington Square,

Downshire Way,

Bracknell,

Berkshire,

RG12 4AY .

Kind Regards

So it looks like the SAR route, no worries I already have the SAR written, so its just a case of posting it

I will keep you informed as to my progress

Well, well, it looks like Paratus have emailed me back about the GMAC issue,

Good morning

Thank you for your email. I will investigate your Redress claim.

Can you confirm your current address please.

Regards

Customer Services

Tel: 01344 854084

Lets see what happens (If anything)