Amazon - Unsolicited - 30 day free Trial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't consider myself to be stupid.. but I am not sure what I need to do with this.

I received through the post a letter addressed to me, enclosing a card for Amazon Prime - 30 day free trial.

I am a regular Amazon customer buying books for my Kindle - I have never indicated in anyway that I would like to take up this service and have never purchased/downloaded videos from them either.

My question is, bearing in mind the above that I have never requested this, do I now have to go and cancel this trial or will they automatically bill me £79.00 ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitizenB,

My mum also received one if these, she is a second name on my account so very confused as to why she's been spammed like yourself.

I assumed that to activate the trial that a call would be necessary, now I'm concerned that it's automatic.

Time to locate mums letter. I hope (like you) that it's not auto-enrollment.

Me_too

I will give it a few days for some more responses, Me_Too, then I might email them and ask what is going on. I will pop any response back here.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CB,

You do not need to do anything. The trial only starts if you order an item and use the code on the card to start your trial. I done this a few years ago, was billed x amount and contacted Amazon. The money was back in my account instantly.

They are at times, an excellent company to deal with.

Jogs x x x

Thanks guys.. there you go, Me_Too :)

BCOBS

Ditto

had they offered me the opportunity to borrow books, then I might have been interested :)

BCOBS

I had one of those a couple of months ago.

It's pretty obvious from the letter that the free trial only starts if you go to the website indicated and sign up for it.

I started the free trial, ordered some stuff for free next day delivery, cancelled before the month was up.

When you look at your account after signing up it makes it all very clear when the trial finishes and what you have to do to cancel it.

It's just the offer of a free trial which you have to activate. If you are planning a major splurge on Amazon you can get yourself 1 months free next day delivery. It's quite handy to use the system, canell it before the month is up and wait for another offer.

It's very clear on your Amazon home page that you have it and when you must cancel it by.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Have one of those also.

I think its going to be filed. Permanently

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Have one of those also.

I think its going to be filed. Permanently

Already did so! I made sure |I chopped the trial card up as well as it had my name on it (can't be too careful) and have put the letter in the shredder bin.

I have more than enough tech at home to get me what I want without the need for Amazon (and Netflix)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE