DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt with a large telecommunication company. Some of it I owe, some of it has been in dispute since February 2006.

Despite my ongoing dispute, the company has now passed my debt on to a debt collection agency who are threatening to take me to court to recover the money.

The collection agency won't contact the telecommunication company to check out what I've told them and the telecommunication company has, thus far, refused to contact the dca.

Were they allowed to pass the disputed debt on or not? What should I do now? Anyway of stopping this from affecting my credit score?

Any help would be graetly appreciated.

Thanx.

Hi Swindonfan,

the Company should not have passed on the debt to a DCA if the account was in dispute, you can report them to the relevant Authorities for this but first I would write to the DCA informing them that you are in dispute with the Tel company in relation to this debt, they will then have to hold off until such time as you get the matter resolved.

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

I suggest you write to them, get everything in writing, keep a copy of what you send and always send mail recorded delivery. That way they cannot deny receiving it ;-)

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

Whenever I've spoken to Wescott, they've told me they can only suspend it for 7 days.

Hi, There are a number of people with DCA problems and it might be worth while searching the threads of Wescot ( not tt) Cabot & Capquest and the word DCA on the Debt and Bailiff forum. I think you'll get most of the answers you want from there. You can a) as advised above, write telling wescot the account is in dispute b) write telling them that you will not communicate with them by telephone ( thereby stopping phone calls) c) establish if they are just collecting the debt for the telecom company or have actually bought the debt d) how to manage them thereafter.

Whatever happens RETAIN CONTROL do not let them get at you, do not pay them anything until you are completely satisfied you owe WESCOT the debt and write to the telecom company asking them for documentary proof YOU have given them permission to pass your personal details to another organisation ( Data Protection Act rules) then come back and we'll all talk you through it. and most of all DON'T WORRY - there's 80,000 of us + sitting with you. :D