Identification Generic Check from Coop - is it Britannia related or not?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

THE CO-OPERATIVE BANK PLC ran an "Identification: Generic Check" on Experian. Do they do this for all transferred Britannia accounts or should I be concerned?

I have not applied for any products from them. The only Co-op product I have is an old Britannia Building Society savings account with a very small balance that was transferred to them during the merger and I haven't even updated the passbook for a couple of years as it's only a few pence interest.

Hi,

Don't think I'd worry much, they are unrecorded enquiries meaning they're not seen by other lenders when searching your file so have no negative impact

They're normally made for ID and money laundering reasons, and normally for savings accounts and other non-credit applications.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

If the Co-Op own Britannia it is them just "knowing" their customers as required by the EU money laundering regs. They dont need to do it for an old account that has less than £20k turnover but some organisations will and some wont.

• 1 month later...