Trying to clear old debt

jacchris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My circumstances have recently changedfor the better and im trying to finaly sort my finances out and make repayments to a few outstanding loans etc

one of these loans is to flm now amigo and i was reviewing all the communication weve had since i took the loan out in 2011and they constantly threatened me with court action from a company alled harvey sturrt claiming I would have to pay more in repayments than my original agreement? Isn't this the same situation as Wonga as Harveysturrt turns out to be another trading name for flm?!

what should I do ?

Hi and thanks for getting back to me

No I haven't contacted Amigo yet because even typing their name sends shudders.....for months I got bombarded by txts emails and letters and then they must have realised that I really couldn't or wouldn't pay anything to them after my job loss, the last I heard from them was an email in 2013.

I have been working for a while now but its only now Ive cleared my feet and can focus on improving my credit status, so I looked out the 'old debt' file and wondered who to contact the 'Harvey sturrt' or 'FLM' or???? in a mess already

Any PPI or unlawful penalty charges reclaimable on those?

Bear in mind, paying it off will not improve your situation and reset the SB clock

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi

Im sure I checked for ppi at the time and it wasnt included but i got so stressed I honestly stuck my head in sand so i dont know.....

Unlawful penalty charges, I dont know what they are and what constitutes 'unlawful' but I have just been reading old emails and checked credit file i'l assume that yes charges have been added to the account;

credit report- balance 07/2011=£3300 I made 4 payments and balance on 12/2014=£3746?

on credit file since nov 2011 until dec 2014=38 months all the months just have a red box for 6 payments or more late its not defaulted or been passed to a debt collection firm, theres been no contact from them but they have updated file every month is this normal?

What do you mean reset the SB clock? What are my options if you dont think this will improve my situation??

Thank you, any advice appreciated