style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I use ubuntu on my computer, easy to use.

But on my works laptop it has windows 8.1 - difficult to use. It has an american spell checker. It is annoying. Already it has highlighted the words ubunto and american. American spell checker insists on me wanting to capitalise word American. But it does not insist on me wanting to capitalise the words united or kingdom. This is biased! It also shows me that the word capitalise is wrong. The correct would be capitalize.

:lol:

All I want to do is to turn this spell checker off. I don't want to change settings to English, I just want it off. The red underlined text annoys me whenever I see it.

How do I turn off??????? Thanks in advance!

Go to control panel in Windows and there should be the language (sometimes includes clock) option, where you can change it to United Kingdom English. But it may be the actual individual program settings you have to change. When you download a program it will ask you the language and within properties or option there should be a tick box to untick to stop the spellcheck working.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

If it is a works laptop the IT dept might have locked it down to prevent user changes.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!