CCJ Issued for 2011 debt please advise

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I've gotten as much information as possible. If you need anything else then let me know.

Debt was originally with Santander UK.

The balance is £1130

The default on the account was 14/2/11

Hoist Portfolio/Howard Cohen co. took over the debt in Dec 2014

The CCJ was issued on 16/3/15

The CCJ was issued to my old address so I didn't have any way of addressing it as I wasn't aware of it.

I can't afford to pay this in full. I could afford small payments.

I've worked hard as hell to settle up most of my credit file from my stupid student days

but this was one of the biggest amounts and I'd hoped it would just fall off my account in 2017 when the default would have been on for six years.

Now though I'm looking at 2021 before it would fall off which is a bit of a disaster.

Please advise me what my options are if you can. Thanks for your help.

Were the company or the original creditor aware of your new address ? If so and they deliberately sent the paperwork to your old address, then you might be able to apply for a set aside.

However, if you did not make the creditor aware of your change of address, you might find it a bit more difficult.

Applying for a set aside, simply puts the situation back where it was prior to the issuing of the claim. You would need to provide proof, that aside from the claim being sent to an incorrect address, that you had a reasonable chance of defending the claim.

How did you become aware that a CCJ had been issued, was the judgment order sent to your Current address ? If so, then this implies that the company were aware of the new address.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Were the company or the original creditor aware of your new address ? If so and they deliberately sent the paperwork to your old address, then you might be able to apply for a set aside.

However, if you did not make the creditor aware of your change of address, you might find it a bit more difficult.

Applying for a set aside, simply puts the situation back where it was prior to the issuing of the claim. You would need to provide proof, that aside from the claim being sent to an incorrect address, that you had a reasonable chance of defending the claim.

How did you become aware that a CCJ had been issued, was the judgment order sent to your Current address ? If so, then this implies that the company were aware of the new address.

Hi thanks for the reply.

The orginal creditor was not aware of my address.

The last time I spoke with them was in 2010 roughly. I moved here Nov 2012.

I became aware of the CCJ as I have alerts setup on my equifax membership.

When a change is made to my credit report I get an email.

There has been no correspondence sent to my current address and as far as I'm aware there was never any correspondence sent to me at my old address

which was a different address/city to the one that was active when the account was defaulted originally.

If I applied for a set aside would I be able to argue that I am willing to setup a payment plan

and that I would have been willing had they contacted me at my correct address?

I'd rather do that than have this on my file for six years.

Thanks again

go phone northants if you have the CCJ number

and ask the address the CCJ was served too

if you didn't tell your creditors of a change of address

I cant see you can do much about this.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When did you actually default on the debt ? Is there any chance that there were 6 years between the last payment you made and the date they issued the claim against you ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

did you phone northants?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...