Virgin Media - Ignoring Complaint (Free Tablet)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Unsure if this is the correct forum so apologies in advance.

I'll try and keep this brief. In short I opened an account in October and I've never received the free tablet offered, I've had rubbish customer service with zero new information from VM. Timeline:

18.10.2014 - Signed up for VM services through their affinity program (through my work). Broadband, phone, TV and came with a free tablet within 28 days of install as part of the deal (confirmed via e-mail).

18.11.2014 - Install (few issues such as not porting phone number and 152mbps speeds were coming in at 40mbps - apparently this will settle within a month )

16.12.2014 - Chased tablet via phone - informed it's on the way. I raised concerns about speeds and informed of area issue's ongoing since October

23.12.2014 - Chased tablet again via phone - informed it's on it's way still (generic response) I push and then actually informed that my account states I'm not eligible, further investigation shows that my notes are incorrect, these are amended and I'm informed I'll receive contact within 2 weeks outlining tablet delivery info. I also noted about poor speeds still.

05.01.2015 - No contact from VM or tablet so chased tablet again via phone and told exactly the same as previous call however I'll receive contact within a week about the tablet.

07.01.2015 - Services down for around 24 hours.

16.01.2015 - No contact from VM or tablet and phone up and make a formal complaint. Speak with manager and I'm told same as previous calls, tablet is being processed and to 'bear with them', also discuss my slow speeds. I'm advised I'll receive a call back on the 19th from a Ryan who is handling my complaint.

18.01.2015 - I phone VM technical to discuss my slow speeds, I'm advised there are still ongoing issues in my area and 40mbps over wireless is perfectly acceptable, even over a 152mbps line. After phone call I add my own router and play with my settings and channels - My speed increased to approx 100mbps.

22.01.2015 - No contact from VM or tablet. Received a letter stating £4.50 per month increase. Phone up again to make additional complaint, advised the increases will be refunded. Advised the complaint is with the Ryan and I need to await his contact and she can't do anything, she e-mails him for to contact me.

23.01.2015 - E-mail CEO Tom Mockridge with complaint outlining poor customer services, absolutely no responses from VM and my tablet where about.

26.01.2015 - I receive a phone call from the VM CEO office to discuss my complaint, points outlined are tablet whereabouts, poor customer service and why I had to chase constantly for answers. A bit of a discount on next months bill and an upgrade on the tablet was verbally agreed. Call back promised for 2nd Feb.

10.02.2015 - Still no contact or tablet, chased via e-mail for update.

17.02.2015 - Still no contact or tablet, chased via e-mail for update.

24.02.2015 - Still no contact or tablet, chased via e-mail for update.

25.02.2015 - Received e-mail from the CEO office stating they are still looking into it and advised they should have heard by the 2nd February and are looking into different resolution route and will update me with they have an update.

26.02.2015 - I replied via e-mail asking about my upgrade had been processed.

13.03.2015 - Still no contact or tablet, chased via e-mail for update. I have outlined their stated 8 weeks are up and they have until the end of the day to resolve or I take further action.

And that's it. According to the VM guidelines I am now eligible to raise this for independent adjudication through CISAS, which I will do at the weekend. I'm ****ed that I've been chasing for all of this time to get absolutely nowhere.

From a legal standpoint where am I? Is the tablet actually part of the deal, am I actually eligible for it? Can I cancel the contract or can I push for anything due to the hassle/stress, time spent, inconvenience and not receiving part of my order? I don't want to go through another 6 weeks of CISAS process for nothing.

Any advice welcome.

Yes, the tablet is part of the deal.

You took the free tablet into consideration while choosing your provider, so being a key point it is very much part of the deal.

I will give you advice about cisas, if you want don't believe me but here it comes: Stay away from them!

They're a waste of time.

They're paid by the member companies including VM and are very biased.

In my case a few years ago they claimed that because VM had overcharged me "only " by £100 in 3 years, that was minimal and VM didn't have to refund me.

Laughable!

Easier and more effective to issue a county court claim.

That will get you immediate attention from VM, your free tablet and some money as a settlement out of court.

Yes, the tablet is part of the deal.

You took the free tablet into consideration while choosing your provider, so being a key point it is very much part of the deal.

I will give you advice about cisas, if you want don't believe me but here it comes: Stay away from them!

They're a waste of time.

They're paid by the member companies including VM and are very biased.

In my case a few years ago they claimed that because VM had overcharged me "only " by £100 in 3 years, that was minimal and VM didn't have to refund me.

Laughable!

Easier and more effective to issue a county court claim.

That will get you immediate attention from VM, your free tablet and some money as a settlement out of court.

Many thanks for your reply.

This was my concern. CISAS are affiliated with VM and vice versa, I'm sure they will have relationship, even if that is just departmental - They will work with each other for the best resolution, but who's?

Let's say I do go the CISAS route and it's not to my satisfaction, could I then still peruse in the small claims court or similar? Or is the CISAS result, final - Or even stand against me if I go to court?

Many thanks for your reply.

This was my concern. CISAS are affiliated with VM and vice versa, I'm sure they will have relationship, even if that is just departmental - They will work with each other for the best resolution, but who's?

Let's say I do go the CISAS route and it's not to my satisfaction, could I then still peruse in the small claims court or similar? Or is the CISAS result, final - Or even stand against me if I go to court?

You can reject cisas decision, but I wouldn't waste time.

They will only frustrate you with their long delays and nonsense decisions.

Most likely vm will use the decision in their favour as lever to show that they're right, that's why I would avoid cisas completely.

You can reject cisas decision, but I wouldn't waste time.

They will only frustrate you with their long delays and nonsense decisions.

Most likely vm will use the decision in their favour as lever to show that they're right, that's why I would avoid cisas completely.

This is my concern.

If I did go down the court route, under what grounds would I be claiming and what could I claim for?

you would be claiming for the mount of the tablet - how much it would cost you to purchase the same spec table from a reputable company

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)