Rules about housing associations

physicsgraduate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been in PSL for too long and I've just been offered a house somewhere else, far away. They want me to take up residence and pay rent from Tuesday, even though I only got the offer yesterday. Is that above board?

I'm bartering and stressing. I have rental obligations here and i can't just up sticks and move like that! I could give it my best shot, but let's be reasonable.

Whateth say ye oh knowledgable ones. For I have an illness, one that afflicts my ability to deal with general lack of common decency among certain organisations.

Hi,

Afraid this is standard practice. Housing Associations (and councils for that matter) want the tenancy to start as soon as possible after signing as they need to maximise their income.

The fact you have to give notice to your existing landlord has nothing to do with the HA as it is a separate agreement.

IF you qualified for housing benefit for both properties then you could apply for Housing Benefit for two homes.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If you are receiving Housing Benefit, then telephone both of your local Councils (As you said far away this could involve two Councils), explain the situation, apply for housing benefit for both properties, this is called "Overlap of Housing Benefit".

Do not be brushed off as a lot of Councils will do everything they can to avoid paying this.

Stigman

• Haha 1

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Thanks. Good to know you can do this. it would be two separate councils yes. Costs so much to move as well, life is nothing but stress this month. And on top of that I have to chase up the HMRC again because it looks like my recorded delivery appeal form has been lost by the royal mail! or delayed, either way it'll be compo time for that. Really only up to £50? I'm risking getting fines on top the £100 if I don't sort this out soon.

Will my WTC stop if I don't submit my return by the end of the tax year?