Driver denied having an accident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok guys just an update.

I spoke to the solicitor dealing with the personal injury part of this accident and he said that it would be best if they include the car damage in their claim.

I understand that if I had gone to court and lost (not probable but possible), the all claim would be jeopardised.

So I will not have fun with them anymore, shame.

Thanks for all your help.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys just an update.

I spoke to the solicitor dealing with the personal injury part of this accident and he said that it would be best if they include the car damage in their claim.

I understand that if I had gone to court and lost (not probable but possible), the all claim would be jeopardised.

So I will not have fun with them anymore, shame.

Thanks for all your help.

Hang on wait, so all along there's been solicitors acting and you've been wasting our time for nothing?!

Hang on wait, so all along there's been solicitors acting and you've been wasting our time for nothing?!

I'm sure I mentioned that the personal injury claim was being dealt by solicitors, but initially they said I had to claim for car damage myself.

Now that the insurance has denied liability they said that it's best if they take the car damage claim as well, in case for some crazy reason i lost in court and jeopardised the all claim.

Sorry to upset you, but I was taking them on for the car damage with your help of which I'm very grateful.

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, an update on this.

Finally the insurance company has accepted liability and started negotiation to settle my mother's minor injury.

Still to come, my wife's injury which has affected her whole pregnancy.

The solicitor decided that it's best to wait for the birth in 3 weeks time and see if the symptoms get better.

We're still unsure about the car damage compensation.

The solicitor said that he will recover the expenses at the end, but me being reasonable (stupid) I've only asked for the damage.

I didn't rent a car as i have another car and so the compensation should be a straight match for the bodywork receipt.

I don't understand why I have to wait until the case is closed.

Thanks for your help in this unbelievable story of driver's stupidity.

The pictures on page 3 show barely a parking scuff, how does that translate into week off work and a personal injury claim?

The lady was/is pregnant and experianced various pains after the accident, plus the child in the back seat has had psychological problems with being in the car since the accident!

The pictures on page 3 show barely a parking scuff, how does that translate into week off work and a personal injury claim?

Seemed minor to me as well at first, but the consequences especially for my wife have been awful.

She enjoyed her first two pregnancies and felt very strong and active.

Instead with this one, from the day of the accident has been a struggle.

Pains in her back and legs never went away and got worse.

She's 3 weeks away from giving birth and she's in constant pain, not nice.

Then what you described as minor is a real hit.

The point where my car was hit is exactly where re-enforcing bars are and that's why the door didn't cave in but the all door was pushed in losing alignment with the front door.

The quote I got from the bodywork garages did not guarantee a re-alignment because the door and re-enforcing bars are bent, so only a new door would completely fix it.

But a new door would cost more than the car, I will have to accept the repair and live with the misalignment.

In the mean time I've had to spend a lot of time at home helping my wife instead of working.

Overall, whatever happens we lost a lot of time, health and money because of a reckless driver asleep at the wheels.

You really don't have to explain yourself, this is an advice forum, not judge jury and executioner.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You really don't have to explain yourself, this is an advice forum, not judge jury and executioner.

I know, I wasn't explaining myself, but I was venting my frustration out.

This stupid story has created a lot of trouble for us all.

I know that shyte happen, but a half decent behaviour after an accident would have been a slight but appreciated consolation.

Instead the blind driver is probably still smugly driving around with sliced bread on his eyes.

Well, at least I can get advice and support here.

Thanks

It's good to vent, just don't allow the actions of another individual dominate your thoughts 24/7. :thumb:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!