London cyclists in 23,000 accidents

NewsBot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Earlier in February a three-fold increase in the number of fatalities on the capital's roads prompted Scotland Yard to reintroduce its highway safety operation.

Operation Safeway will see 600 officers deployed at 166 junctions during morning and evening rush hours for six weeks.

Officers will target road users committing traffic offences.

I would hope that this would include cyclists ignoring the rules as well !

It is shocking that these deaths occur, however cyclists need to take some responsibility.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would hope that this would include cyclists ignoring the rules as well !

It is shocking that these deaths occur, however cyclists need to take some responsibility.

I agree completely !! I used to drive a bus through Central London daily, the amount of cyclists that ride straight through red lights is shocking !! Not even just red from Amber but solid red and traffic coming from side roads !

Not to mention the ones that jump onto the pavement on oxford street to get around shower moving traffic, to appear in front of you from the pavement .. Keep in mind a double decker takes a longer time to stop.

Anyone attempting to cross the roads in Richmond park take their lives in their hands. Cyclists use it as their own private cycling track. There is a 20 mile limit for motor vehicles, which is observed. The cyclists prefer to ride on the roads rather than the paths set aside for them. They even go onto the footpaths. They ride 2 and 3 abreast which prevents overtaking by either vehicle or other cyclists.

This attitude is not just reserved for the park itself, but on the roads in the borough where there are quite a few dedicated cycle lanes.

They take no notice of roundabouts within the park or outside of it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

that is annoying where there is a cycle lane next to the pavement, yet they still cycle on the pavement! got hit once exiting a park, cyclist on the pavement rather than the cycle lane right next to it! they legged it despite my usain bolt attempt :)

observe the road etc.

but, there are many motorists that dont observe others on the road, cyclists or otherwise. :) seems to becoming more commonplace, phone users in partic. plod telling me they recently nicked someone for playing a game on their phone whilst driving!

IMO

:-):rant:

Very tragic and yes the driver should have received the maximum sentence for EACH person.

BCOBS

apparently he (well his lawyer :)) recently appealed his sentence, but it was rejected.

Hard to believe that they thought they would get the sentence reduced. If I had been the Judge, I would have thrown away the key - 67 previous convictions would seem to say that this guy was never going to reform !!

The driver of the car pleaded guilty to two counts of causing death by dangerous driving, driving while uninsured and disqualified and aggravated vehicle taking, the driver of the speeding car received 10 years and three months sentence.

Alexander Walter was 2 ½ times over the legal drink limit and had taken drugs 24 hours before and had 67 previous convictions.

BCOBS