UKPC ticket for parking outside own house

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys, a friend has two letters to keeper form UKPC for parking outside their own house - yes you read correctly.

For some reason UKPC are ticketing vehicles on a new build estate that are parked in the roads, it is not permit holder parking, it does not cost anything to park there, there are just signs up saying parking restricted and the usual UKPC waffle.

after two tickets on the vehicles they have now got letters to keeper,

they have asked me to pen a letter for them,

I advised do the usual - soft appeal then appeal to POPLA with GPEOL as the main reason as I jsut don't have time to write the letter.

Is there a template for this anywhere?

What are the tickets for then, if none of the above?

What are UKPC claiming?

To give the best advice for an appeal, we would really need to see the NTDs, NTKs and signage...

Parking on a private road - presumably the council have yet to adopt the roads.

The tickets are issued to any vehicle parked on the road.

Each house has a driveway for one car and in some cases a drive and garage.

Some of the houses are 6 bedrooms, most are 4 and some are three.

I suspect UKPC think it's a license to print money with no more than two parking spaces off road per property.

The wording for a soft appeal response will do, I'm sure it's on here somewhere, I just have a lot on at the moment and no time to search.

The NTK simply states 'Parked in a roadway' those exact words.

I had a picture of the sign on my phone, it said something along the lines of no parking permitted in roadway, nothing more and the signs are well over 8 feet up lamposts and not visible from a car as you enter the estate.

The NTK simply states 'Parked in a roadway' those exact words.

I had a picture of the sign on my phone, it said something along the lines of no parking permitted in roadway, nothing more and the signs are well over 8 feet up lamposts and not visible from a car as you enter the estate.

No "contract" entered then !!!

Can you up load photos of signage please.

Did they slap tickets on the cars and if so when? Post up picture of sign if you can as from what you say they are too vague to be considered as a contract.

Lastly, what street lighting is there in that road, is it the same as on the nearest road or is it something very different. The reason for asking this is to see if there are standard lamp posts which give an indication of the liklihood that they were put in by the council as a precursor for adopting the road. This does not mean that the street has been adopted but there are parts of the CoP that the parking co's have to adhere to that means that the issuing of a demand in the first place is a flawed process. However UKPC are famous for this kind of stupidity. Your friend could also have a big moan at the developer for allowing these bandits to be allowed near the place and check the deeds to see if there is any mention of the developer retaining the road after selling the houses.