Mini Credit/Opos Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

So I have never done this kind of thing before so any advice is much appreciated.

Recently had a letter from Opos regarding they now own the debt that I have with Minicredit. I emailed Opos for a full breakdown of charges and they have came back:

Loan sum 250 £

Interest 377 £

Penalty 80 £

Attempt fee 645 £

Debt expenses 100 £

Total 1452 £

Balance 1167.5 £

Now this loan was taken out in 2011 so a while ago and understand this is when interest rates were a lot different from what they are now and I admit I haven't paid back.. I have paid back a total so far of £284.50 which has been various amounts between November 11-Feb 2012. My credit score apparently at the time was 45 which means not a lot to me but I know it was in a poor way and has not improved since!

Does anyone know if I am able to request Opos to write off some/all of this debt as personally I believe the other fees are ridiculous and not even sure what some of them mean.. i.e debt expenses. How would I go about wording this to them, is there a template or something or does anyone have any previous experience in doing this?

I don't mind paying back the loan sum & Interest as I accept I did have the loan and have already paid back £284.50 but the rest seems pretty steep - I have now included this debt on to my DMP that I have just begun with step change too.

Thanks in advance

Danielle

Penalty 80 £

Attempt fee 645 £

Debt expenses 100 £

All unenforceable penalty charges. Opos are minimuppets, just a different desk. Challenge them and theyll knock all those charges off it. Work off the basis that you only owe the original loan amount plus original contracted interest, minus what you have already paid.. Then IF you have any rollovers, you can work those out.

Just remember. Dont include the debt until those charges are wiped. Stepchange wont challenge them. Theyll just take it as that is what you actually owe.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D