Barclays turn down financial hardship application

gribzig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We should point out to Gribzig that BankFodders post #20 was directed at a contributor who's unhelpful posts have been removed.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

We should point out to Gribzig that BankFodders post #20 was directed at a contributor who's unhelpful posts have been removed.

Thank you - it was certainly getting a little confusing and I found that particular contributor's posts very unhelpful. I also wonder about their motives given other posts they have put on here. I think, working through the helpful advice many of you have given, that the best course of action is to open a basic bank account, ask Barclays for their final response and pursue complaints with both the FOS and BCOBS. Still reading up on the latter.

• 1 month later...

A quick update

- Barclays' final response is a flat 'no'

as, after completing their 'further investigations'

they say 'no new information has come to light.'

They also refer to charges I reclaimed before advising them of my current financial hardship.

Before I got their letter I had emailed them asking them to freeze interest and charges while I am disputing this

and citing the Office of Fair Trading Code of Guidance in which it states:

putting pressure on debtors or third parties is considered to be oppressive

This includes ignoring disputes about whether money is owed and refusing to freeze action if the debt is in dispute.

They have not responded to my email.

Where next?

Hi Griz,

Have you opened a new a/c as suggested, away from Barclays ?

You refer above to " ........ charges I reclaimed before advising them of my current financial hardship. " Can you please confirm that they have NOT refunded any charges in the past and that they're referring to you asking for a refund of charges in the present exchange of letters.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)