wont honour a booked holiday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

last June we booked out holiday for this year in May and we told partners supervisor/boss at time and he said it was to early and to tell him in January this year.

we just told him and he said no, I and another lad have booked ours to go away together, we told him this had been booked since last june and that he knew about it, and that we cant alter holiday as it the half term, and he knew this and he has no children an knows we cant re book or cancel it without losing money. Im so upset by this, we have all been very excited over this holiday for a long time. we have 4 children and 2 are disabled this holiday is a break for them as much as us.

His boss/superviosr has refused it and if my partner now takes the time off he sacked I'm crying typing this I've got proof we booked it back and June 2014

he booked it before it was actually agreed.. not much of a leg to stand on

can someone else go with you?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

he booked it, and his boss ok it but said no to booking it etc as to early and no one to go with due to the drive :( it 4 hours away I'm fuming this guy can do a rota, my partner never knows what he is working till 2 days before next shift pattern and then it by phone, there has been times the guy has changed the rota and not told anyone

Unfortunately if the holiday wasn't formally requested and approved then there's very little that can be done.

A formal grievance could be a possibility if the holiday was refused without justification and/or your husband has proof that the holiday was informally approved back in June - but if not, you might have to go alone...

For what it's worth, the treatment seems pretty harsh, but not unlawful...

ok thanks guy if cant get it off ,he putting in a grievance as we just noticed in handbook it states that only one day guard and one night guard may be on holiday at any given time, but it 2 day guards going, and will be putting across the sheet we handed in last june but got handed back because it too early, it is dated for then aswell printed date, if nothing it will be a sickie, wish he could move jobs I'm fed up of this firm

taking a sickie when they know he wants holiday that week would lead to a sacking at my place of work. I think it's a terrible idea.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

you cabn try putting a formal holiday request in to the boss, this has to be in writing and if the company wants to reject it they have to give their reasons in writing as well. As it is so far into the future I cannot see a reason for refusing but the catch-all is "operational reasons". Normally this means 2 people doing the same job cant be away at the same time or work demand is seasonal so no holiday during the janualry sale for shop workers are examples. If you still get a refusal you have time to put in a grievance regarding the refusal and at least get a proper response from someone higher up as to why it cant be done.

taking a sickie when they know he wants holiday that week would lead to a sacking at my place of work. I think it's a terrible idea.

When I worked for Safeway, I was told the same sort of thing, if you are sick or ill, and take time of work sick, then your holidays get suspended, to prevent misused of either, to get extra time of work

Ditto. Almost certainly a disciplinary resulting in dismissal :-(

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Ditto. Almost certainly a disciplinary resulting in dismissal :-(

Was only said in jest, it sounds like a horrible place anyway..I'd be looking elsewhere. Quite clearly they are being unreasonable, in my experience a company that treats employees like crap cannot seriously expect a hard working motivated work force in return, but as suggested they are prob staying the right side of the law..just.

Yeah, awful.company he works 12 hours a night but on holidays only get paids for 8, the way they pay them, is not right, so he works 60 hours a week but only 31 hours is put through as basic pay, and rest expensies then only about £7 in tax's paid and they keep the rest of the tax of roughly £56 a week as we don't see that.

He has worked with this firm since Aug 2011 when he was tupe over, he use to get double on a bank holiday and now only time and half and what I've said above.

The company do this as they know the job centre will pay for security guards badges so it not a hard Job to get.

He doesn't get a Rota so there no evedience over the holiday pay and hours worked it so annoying!! We called tax man over wage slip they also wanted prove of hours worked

Yeah, awful.company he works 12 hours a night but on holidays only get paids for 8, the way they pay them, is not right, so he works 60 hours a week but only 31 hours is put through as basic pay, and rest expensies then only about £7 in tax's paid and they keep the rest of the tax of roughly £56 a week as we don't see that

He has worked with this firm since Aug 2011 when he was tupe over, he use to get double on a bank holiday and now only time and half and what I've said above.

The company do this as they know the job centre will pay for security guards badges so it not a hard Job to get.

He doesn't get a Rota so there no evedience over the holiday pay and hours worked it so annoying!! We called tax man over wage slip they also wanted prove of hours worked

I expect this won't stand up to scrutiny. It can all be seen as unlawful. If he is up for a fun day out at the local county court, and once he has got any references he needs, he might want to consider issuing a small claim against this employer for the unpaid holiday pay and wages (going back up to six years). Lack of wage slips won't prevent a claim.

He can get help doing this through CAG. I love nothing more than helping average Joes use the legal system to hold dodgy companies to account for abusive practices like this ...

Is he getting a payslip with the actual hours worked ie 60 ??

It is unlawful not to supply a payslip with hours worked and amount paid.

No matter what they want to call it, if he works 60 hours, they must show 60 hours on the payslip and then

breakdown those hours as to how his pay and tax are made up.l

• 1 month later...

No nothing on wage slip just basic pay and expenses , for the second time this year he hasn't been paid, was due today and now nothing till Monday!

I'm annoyed he has had 6 interview this month but nothing back yet.

I want to cry last time I inuccred £50 charges on bank account and they still haven't honoured it and now a weekend without wages, and still got food to get and my disabled sons nappies

use the grievence procedure if they have failed to pay on time. This is a breach of contract and makes them liable for any bank charges incurred as a result of late payment.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.