VERY.co.uk. 28 day payment cycle causing problems. Anyone else?

Dogfishy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

My wife has a Very account and as the only breadwinner I have to make the payments. I get paid monthly yet they have a 28 day cycle. This is obviously designed to move the payment date 2 or 3 days closer to the start of the month each month. Unfortunately monthly paid customers, probably most of us, do not get to change our pay days, therefore the date payment is due eventually falls before the monthly pay day. This is to ensure that a large number of people have to pay a £12 fee for 'late payment' when they deliberately cause this to happen. It also affect the credit rating as this shows as a missed payment when they have changed the date to some time before pay day.

My question is, if enough people get together can we change this practice? I have tried contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service and they say they have no authority.

Thanks.

Hi Dogfishy,

I would first think about getting the £12 charges and maybe PPI back, send out a SAR request. You'll find it in the library, pop a £10 postal order in the letter and send it recorded. They have 40 days to send the SAR to you. After that it's just a case of added up the charges/PPI and interest, use the CAG spreadsheet. Then just making a covering letter and PPI questionnaire for claiming back PPI.

Andrew

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.

NatWest Problem *****Refunded*****