Reclaiming premium account charges help

nikkikitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was mis-sold a Santander premium account in 2011. I was told i 'had' to swap my existing current account over to the premium account with a monthly fee of £20.

I was told about the various insurances etc but i already had mobile phone and breakdown insurance at the time.

I have written and complained to Santander who as expected have written back to me and said they won't uphold my complaint because their 'evidence' shows that i valued the account based on the following reasons:

• I never changed the account to an everyday account, they did. - I wasnt aware i could do this as i was told initially i had to take out the premium account and that was my only choice.
  • That i 'chose' to upgrade- False, i was told i had to
  • Santander have always had no monthly fee accounts available, information available on their website so therefore i should have checked!
  • I was sent information on the account and could have said i didn't want it
  • They can see from my account that i have travelled, that i have a mobile phone and a car so would have benefited from the insurance- I have these insurances elsewhere
  • I have access to online banking so could see i was being charged a fee- I knew i was yes, that isn't the point. I was never told i could have an everyday account.

They are clearly in the wrong otherwise why would they have swapped people over to an everyday account with no fee without even consulting us!?

Basically they're trying to fob me off and make out there were other options available to me which was not explained when they sold me the account. I was told i had to take the account out.

They arent prepared to take the complaint further and have advised that if i wish to take the matter further, i need to complain to the ombudsman.

Anyone had any success reclaiming these charges yet?

Thanks

have you sent them an sar to get the statements and comms/account log?

you'll be surprise what they reveal.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There has been a lot of mis-selling of packaged accounts.

What you are dealing with here is the banks automatic rejection mechanism which will force you to go to the ombudsman. They are testing you.

As suggested by DX, get an SAR but anyway begin a complaint to the ombudsman immediately.