So here is a weird thing - Equifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have the Equifax credit checking thingy and have been checking it fairly regularly recently

to see how a settled account is affecting my score.

I pressed the button to update my score today and was pleased to see that it had actually came up a good bit

but in looking further down the page the 'electoral roll' section was red,

its always been yellow before because I have lived at my current address for less than three years.

I clicked it to see that I am no longer listed as being on the register so

I called them to dispute this and the told me this weird thing which I certainly didn't know and thought it might be of interest to others.

Every year on January 1st everyone's file is changed to not being on the electoral register

until such times as the council confirms that they are in fact on it.

Apparently this can take till the end of January which I don't understand either since my council updates theirs in June each year.

Its a system thing apparently as soon as the year changes you are bumped off the register until such times as they put you back on it.

This doesn't seem fair to me, what if I was applying for credit right now and my file says i'm not on it when I am.

Surely a fairer system would be to keep everyone on it until the council updates to confirm whether you are still registered or not?

Am I the only one a bit confused by this?