SCS problem - faulty sofa

nets68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I need advice for my aunt & uncle.

They ordered 2 sofas before Xmas.

The sofas were delivered after a long wait.

• The cushions were the wrong colour. (Brown instead of green).
  • There is a nail sticking out of one sofa,
  • there is a flappy bit of material where it's unfinished.
  • They paid extra for firm cushions but haven't got them.
  • There's a dent in the back of one.
  • The stitching is a mess.
  • The large back cushions are quite flat, as if the pads inside don't have much filling & do not go all to the corners of the covers.

My uncle went into the store the next morning and reported it.

He was called a liar re the colour (he decorated the lounge to match the expected green whilst waiting).

Thankfully, the assistant manager remembered them and confirmed verbally they ordered the green.

Still, the manager was extremely rude and unhelpful which left my aunt & uncle very distressed.

They sent out someone to inspect and offered repairs.

My aunt & uncle don't want this.

They have been so distressed by this whole situation, they asked for their money back as it is not fit for purpose.

They have point blank refused.

After weeks of stress they have now said they can choose a replacement.

My aunt & uncle don't want to deal with them as they are just inviting more stress and problems.

Do they have a right to a refund??

Sorry this is so long but thanks for reading x

Yes they do have a right to a refund on the basis of what you tell us about the sofas.

They must act quickly. Take photos of everything. Write out a detailed description of the faults and what has happened. Do everything in writing unless you record the calls.

However, if you can get the faults put right - you might be able to negotiate a good discount as a condition of keeping them.

Write a letter to SCS. Enclose photos and description. tell them that you are rejecting the sofas and that you want you money back immediately and that you want to sofas collected immediately and that they have lost your confidence.

Tell them that the only basis upon which you might be prepared to accept them is if they remedy the faults and give you a discount of, say, 30% but anything less then the contract stands rejected and that you are prepared to take the necessary County Court action if they cause any difficulties (only make this threat if you are prepared to go ahead).

how did they pay please too.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...