Banned from asda, worth complaning about?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey there,

I am also in a situation where I believe the security do not do their job properly and use us so they feel superior.

I came out of their toilet after leaving my trolley outside. I came out and my trolley was no longer there (surprise, surprise) but I saw another trolley, I ask everyone nearby if it were theirs and it belonged to no one.

I then noticed there was a plastic bag in it, I thought i was empty so i put it on the small separated department of my trolley because I didn't need the bag, the bag wasn't mine, i didn't plan on using it and all i needed was the trolley so i left the bag be.

I did my shopping and before I left the security stopped me and said I stole from "another valued costumer".

I rejected the accusation and they opened the bag and what was inside was a small bottle of nail varnish.

I did not know there was nail varnish in that bag because i thought it was empty and i was also going to leave the trolley and the bag behind when I finished shopping anyway.

They told me to sign a sheet of paper but i insisted that they show me proof unless they could see into the future that i was going to steal it which i didn't.

They ignored and i became reluctant and left.

I am very disappointed with ASDA and i am a regular costumer with a large family. I spend so much there and there isn't another Tesco around for miles where I live.

Edited by citizenB
formatting for easier reading

Hi. Youd be better posting a new thread for this. However, it simply sounds like an over zealous security guard. The best advice for this would be to write a full complaint to the Manager of the store you went to, and then see what he says about it. You can then decide if you would like to take it further.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Accused

Welcome to CAG

Sounds like an overzealous security guard, you should definately complain. No doubt CCTV will back up your complaint.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do.

Point out that your family spends thousands of pounds at ASDA each year.

Send it to:-

Mr Andy Clarke

Chief Executive

ASDA UK

andy.clarke@asda.co.uk

New thread created.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I so agree with my colleagues here. make a lot of noise with Asda but I would go further. try and find out whether the security there are a private company or whether they work for asda. I suspect the former so if you can find the name of the company, complain to that company too.

Do they have a twitter account? or a Facebook page. They hate it when an aggrieved customer splashes their failings over the net.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like an overzealous security guard, you should definately complain. No doubt CCTV will back up your complaint..

I'm surprised Asda didn't already do this, in my Asda store we have very good security staff, who do there job, and give customers benefit of the doubt

Last month a customer was stopped at the door as he was leaving, and was accused by the colleague at the door, of now paying for some items, customer did not have his receipt, as he used the self service tills, and threw away his receipt

A quick check on the cctv, showed he had paid for all his shopping, and was allowed to go on his way, so surely the same thing can be done for the op, get the store to check the cctv, and show them you picked up a abandoned trolley