Apple iPhone 5c dodgy update!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

Decided that I would do my new update on my iPhone 5c last week and 2 days later the phone completely broke! Phone is 12 month old and was 9 days out of warrenty when it broke.

Took it to Apple, not very helpful at all! Told me its a hardware fault and charged me £199 for a replacement. I really needed my phone so paid it! Was sat across from a lady who was in the same boat, did the update and was being charged £199 also.

Can they really get away with this? My phone was working absolutely perfect until their bloody update!

Not sure who to contact - is it worth it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rachael :)

Ignore the warranty. You have much more time under UK law. Get a full complaint in to apple, tell them it was their update, and tell them if you do not get a full refund, you will comment legal action. DO not mention court unless you are fully prepared to see it through to the end, win or lose.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Oki doke. Think I might go down the email route first. i don't really know much about UK law etc but can always read up on it.

The staff in the shop were just ignorant, wouldn't even listen. It was basically pay £199 or go away were really busy!

Thanks for your advice though.

Make sure you head the letter as a formal complaint. Address it as high up as possible. NOT to their Customer services department, as they will fob you off.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...