Can City Permits Ltd issue a 'PENALTY Charge Notice" - on private land??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"Thanks again Old Snowy.

However, as I say above, the DVLA issue is a bit of a red herring in this case because, to find the vehicle owner, they only need to look at the photo that they say they took - the name of the car hire company (a small local company operating from one location) is on large stickers on each side of the car and on the boot."

The owner is not always the keeper( especially with hire companies ), and the keeper is not always the driver.

The POFA and keeper liability cannot be used without DVLA access.

This small local company will surely want to keep your business, as you seem to want to keep using them as well.

So tell them the situation?

• 3 weeks later...
start you own thread and tell us where and when and how you got the ticket, attached to car or otherwise. There are plenty of ways of beating these claims but you have to go about it in the right order.

Thanks for your reply Eric's brother. Of course you are right and I will start my own thread and provide all the details so no conclusions are assumed. I may be the unlucky one who is the subject of their only request for details from dvla in the last 3 years!! Knowing my luck that's probably the case!!

It wasn't actually me but my daughter who got the ticket while visiting uni friends, but it may as we'll be me if paying out money is involved! Lol!

Will stop the rant and go start my own thread now.