Useless supplier

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3444 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We contacted Vetmedsdirect on the 8th Dec and ordered medication for our little dog. We supplied a copy of the presxcription to them to faciltate the order. In addition we paid £3.59 for delivery. It is now the 13th Dec and still no sign that the medication has even been shipped.

Under the Consumer Contract Regulations can we request that they cancel the order which has not been shipped and also request a full refund?

Very annoying as we now have to go and buy from a veterinary practice and at higher cost as we have run out of out of the tablets. It seems that these Online vets take your order although they do not have the items in stock. They then order which is why it takes a lot longer to get items from them.

Are there any really reliable Online vet suppliers?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thanks it seems that I can cancel the order as the goods have not been shipped yet. Considering they charged me £3.59 to delvier 90 tablets I would have expected next day delivery! My concern is that I have cancelled verbally and also by sending an email this morning, but they may still send the prescription tablets and then want me to pay to ship them back. The other concern woudl be using the same prescription twice as now I have to buy locally and quickly.

What was it you ordered from them? If it was something outwith the norm then they'd order specially (as your vet would) but if it was run of the mill stuff it should have been with you very quickly. I've found online suppliers to be very good though I've never used this particular company for prescription items.

Beyond annoying then. Did you scan and email a copy of the script? I'm wondering if they go through a laborious process of checking now they can be sent this way to ensure people don't use the same script with multiple suppliers. I've had a look on their website and noticed they will only send out enough for one month at a time even if the vet has given you a script for more. Maybe this has caused a delay if a repeat or ongoing prescription is somehow subtly different from a one off and they're checking with your vet.

It was a new prescription and dated the same day and sent to them by email the same day I placed the order. The order was for a month's supply. If there was going to be a delay they should have notified us. Since cancelling and raising this post here, they have sent an email requesting that we post the prescription to them. With the cost of postage to them and the cost of postage for the goods, it defeats the purpose of using an Online supplier as postage is over £4. I have never been asked to post the prescription for a pet to any supplier previously and anyway if thsi was the case, it should have been mentioned prior to paying for the order. Quick to take the money, but not quick to refund.

I'd be unhappy too. Their website quite clearly states the process which you then followed and now they're changing the goalposts after doing nothing for a fair while. If they wanted hard copy they should have asked for it some time ago. I'd be wanting confirmation of cancellation which could then be used in conjunction with the script at another supplier. Hopefully you can get a short term supply from your vet to cover.