Offered job twice company now ignoring me.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I recently completed a degree and prior to completion managed to get a job with a large organisation that will remain un-named.

I was due to start a taster day 3 months later prior to a enhanced disclosure being completed when I was struck down with a chest infection. A few days later I received a phone call from the said organisations manager stating they would no longer be pursuing my application. The reason given was they felt that there were stronger candidates citing references as a reason for this despite them having these references for as much as 1 month prior to this. In addition I had since turned down another job for which I had a contract ready to sign to take this job in the organisation I longed to work for.

So I shook it off and continued to search for another job. I managed to get an interview after much grovelling with the company that originally offered me a contract and was offered a job and as it happens applied for another job with the said organisation in another department.

I was offered a job once again by the organisation that turned me down and decided that this time I would wait till I got a contract to sign before making a decision which job I would take. I can do this because by the time my enhanced disclosure and clearance to work arrives it will be January so I still have the option to choose either job.

The problem is since being successful in the interview and being offered the job on November 10th I have heard nothing, I have sent an email to human resources on the 19th asking about the outcome and I have called twice before being redirected to the manager of the department who I emailed on Monday but I have still heard nothing.

I know my enhanced disclosure is clean as I have one from the other company who have offered me a contract, and I know my references are good because I contacted them first to ask permission and they all stated that they would be giving my a glowing reference. I am certain this relates to them getting a reference from someone that I did not give permmission for them to obtain, this person would not have been fair I believe and although it would not be a bad reference they may cite weaknesses that might stop me from getting the position, either this or it is someone I have worked with before who took as dislike to me or another student who may also not have liked me. These are just theories to be honest because except for one person who I would never have given permission o gain a reference I cannot think who would cause the organisation to completly blank me out. Nor do I expect this from such a profession let alone the organisation.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Can they just be ignorant after offering me a job twice?

Can I ask for a subject access request in order to rule out references as a cause?