Harassment and nuisance phone calls all day and night from Barclay call center - India.

yank1961
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a private house hold and have an ex-directory private landlines telephone with BT. I am 64 years of age with health problems.

I do not run a business from home and this telephone number has been with me since 1966.

On the night of the 24th October I started to get telephone calls from mid-night onwards which got picked up by the answer machine that I have no sooner the answer machine started the calls were cut off after giving a fax signal and then the process was repeated again up to seven or eight times call after call then after a twenty minute break it started again.

This was kept up all night long.

When I dialed 1471 to find out who it was it said caller withheld the number.

However, after five days and nights of this nightmare harassment, I managed to get the two telephone numbers that the calls were made from.

They are 01 452 378 483 and also from 01202 406 090.

I contacted BT and asked them to check these two numbers as I did not want to dial myself in case they were some soft of international [problem].

They told me the numbers were for Barclays bank and it was Barclay's bank that were making these endless harassment calls to my number.

I then called the first number and I wast old by a very rude Indian man that it was Barclay's Call center in New Deli and that I was placed on what he called a Hit List.

and he told me that I can not be removed from the Hit List.

I then had to make seval calls to Barclay bank to be told on several occassions after being given a complaint number that they will look into the matter which takes three days and mean while I will just have to put up with whatever they dish out such as these calls all night long.

I had five days of this from the 24th until the 28th October all night and all day.

I was not able to use the telephone most of the time as they also managed to block the line making it unusable each time they made a series of these calls as the phone line would go dead for a while.

I am ill with Ostio Arthurits plus heart problems as I had a heart attack last year due to stress and this was the last thing I needed as I also had lost my elderly aunt who passed away at the end of August.

I have now been told that Barclays have put a stop to the calls however, I had a further two days of calls on the 13th and 14th of November when it started up again after being told that they had taken me off the list.

Barclays have just contacted me and made me an offer of Fifty Pounds which I refused for all this harassment they then made an offer of Two Hundred pounds which happens to be twenty pounds per night and twenty pounds per day for all this aggression.

I have told them I will not accept that sum of money and I will now taken this further to the Ombudsman.

I find Barclays the most outrageous, and ruthless bank that could not care a dam for their customers and I hope that this helps any one that reads it to stay away from Barclays as they are the most rude and unhelpful bank I have ever encountered.

When asked a very simple question to why did they do this to me they said that they have no answer to this question and they were really not concerned about health situation.

If the calls continue - log every one.

Try to compile a detailed log of everything that has happened so far including as much detail of the phone calls – including dates times etc.

If you go to the ombudsman it will take up to 2 years and you can be sure that the ombudsman will take a dim view – but not very dim – and it may well be that the award that the ombudsman recommends will be about £200.

If you wanted to make substantially more trouble and get a compensation of about £500 – or maybe a bit more then you need to think in terms of a small claim.

I think that Barclays has already been warned about this behaviour before and so therefore it is really quite serious.

If you wanted to bring a small claim then I would suggest a claim in the tort of nuisance and also for unfair treatment and unfair communication under COBS.

Barclays would be very unhappy about the prospect of having a judgement against them for a breach of their COBS duties. However, you need to consider whether you are prepared to put the time into making the claim.

Making complaint to the ombudsman is very simple. You should certainly do at least that to draw attention to the ombudsman that Barclays is still carrying out this very unfair practice. However don't hold out your hopes of a rapid solution or any great award.

thanks for that.

I just sent this web site some funding money as I do appreciate this.

R

If the calls continue - log every one.

Try to compile a detailed log of everything that has happened so far including as much detail of the phone calls – including dates times etc.

If you go to the ombudsman it will take up to 2 years and you can be sure that the ombudsman will take a dim view – but not very dim – and it may well be that the award that the ombudsman recommends will be about £200.

If you wanted to make substantially more trouble and get a compensation of about £500 – or maybe a bit more then you need to think in terms of a small claim.

I think that Barclays has already been warned about this behaviour before and so therefore it is really quite serious.

If you wanted to bring a small claim then I would suggest a claim in the tort of nuisance and also for unfair treatment and unfair communication under COBS.

Barclays would be very unhappy about the prospect of having a judgement against them for a breach of their COBS duties. However, you need to consider whether you are prepared to put the time into making the claim.

Making complaint to the ombudsman is very simple. You should certainly do at least that to draw attention to the ombudsman that Barclays is still carrying out this very unfair practice. However don't hold out your hopes of a rapid solution or any great award.

Hi Yank,

Did you answer any of the calls and find out the reason for them.

As suggested, keep a log of every call.

Given the health problems you have, would you be willing to take direct court action or do you think you may find it too stressful.

I also suggest you refuse to discuss the matter of compensation by phone and insist that all communication is conducted by letter only. Whatever you're told by phone counts for nothing unless you record every call.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Yank,

Did you answer any of the calls and find out the reason for them.

As suggested, keep a log of every call.

Given the health problems you have, would you be willing to take direct court action or do you think you may find it too stressful.

I also suggest you refuse to discuss the matter of compensation by phone and insist that all communication is conducted by letter only. Whatever you're told by phone counts for nothing unless you record every call.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I did find out I was on the banks "Hit List" whatever that means.

Thank you so, so much for this information and will be taking them small claims.

they tried to offer me £100-00. That was for 7 days and nights and calls.

So glad sites like yours are here for people like us.

I am going to paypal you even more money now.

Cheers

R

Hi Yank and thanks for the Site Donations.

Have the calls completely stopped now ?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)