From Metropolitan Collection Services to HSBC Collection services

pcmf62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly, sorry if this is posted in the wrong section of the forum.

I got a letter a few days ago informing me that my account was being switched

from Metropolitan Collection Services to HSBC Repayment services as from 01 December.

I was told to continue with any arrangement I have on my account.

Fair enough, but, the agreement I have expires this month (November).

Also, as I have a repayment card for use at the Post Office, will this cause problems?

Who (or what) is this new company? I

can't seem to find much info on them either on here or via Google,

they seem to be based in a PO box in Coventry.

Is this anything to worry about, am I about to be snowed under with yet more pointless letters

that just keep going round and round? Or is it a simple re-branding?

Thanks for reading, I look forward to your replies.

MCS are HSBC,

Forced to do this by the FCA

So HSBC to HSBC internal change

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Thank you very much for the reply.

Oh no! don't tell me that this means I'll still be getting through to the call centre located in central cockupsville! Could this change involve speaking with an English speaking person who can be understood and who actually understands what they're talking about or is that too much to wish for?

I didn't. They called me on what looked like a friends landline number. I called back and refused to answer their security questions once I became aware of my mistake. My fault I fully accept that, but the line sounded like it had a flock of Busbies dancing (line dancing?:-)) on it. And the person was spouting pure gibberish, I couldn't understand a word of what was being said, so I ended the call.

Out of curiosity, what type of debt s this

Credit card? Overdraft?

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I had a letter from them today with the same info.

Mine is a mortgage shortfall.

As above, the FCA "spotlight" has probably brought this change about.

I am expecting that this "department of HSBC Bank PLC" will have better ethics and integrity than MCS, "a member of the HSBC group", because it carries the HSBC name.

Still exactly the same address though, so maybe just the letter headers are changing.

yes required by the FCA, after the misleading letters from in house dcas

eg metropolitan, triton, blair oliver scott etc etc

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Thanks for all your replies.

I've managed to get back online as Buzby took his revenge on me and knackered my broadband (OK a falling tree took out the phone line and the telephone post! BT have managed to get it fixed, so I'm happy)

A follow up, as I stated in my OP I pay at the PO via an MCS Payment card. Will that card still be valid? Or will I need a new payment card in the name of the new company HSBC Collection Services? Sorry to sound thick but I really don't have the time to write to these people as I'm soon due to make another payment, but how do I set about making it use the existing MCS payment card at the PO as per normal or send them a PO at their address? To make contact in time I'd be forced to use the 'phone, and I'd sooner avoid that at all cost's as I'd probably end telling them what I thought of 'em.

As to the CCA no reply, the PO remains uncashed. What's the next step?

Thanks for reading this, I'll await replies with great interest.

when was this credit card taken out?

My letter says:

"What do I do next?

You do not need to do anything other than continue with any arrangement you have on your account"

What it doesn't say is something like please pay to this new account number from now. Or please change the beneficiary name on your standing order.

I am now convinced that this is a simple name change. That is all.

Your card should therefore work fine.

yes it is purely administrative to meet the FCA requirements

In relation to your credit card s78 request

when was this credit card taken out?

sorry for the delay in this reply. In spite of BT's finest efforts the broadband connection is still acting up.

I've been asked a couple of times when the credit card was taken out. Experian state that it was the year 2000. However I'm certain that it was well before that. More like 1989-92. I know for a fact that I had it in 1995. For those of you who remember, it was taken out back in the days when HSBC used to provide two credit cards on the same account. One Access, and one Visa. I'm as certain as I can be that it was pre year 2K. Much later on the two cards were merged into just the one Mastercard. That's what might be confusing Experian.

As to the CCA no reply, the PO remains uncashed. What's the next step?

did you send it recorded? when did you send it?

doubt they will ever find one for that long ago

Yes I had one of these accounts with midland.

However I remember receiving a letter saying that they were closing these accounts and any balance could be transferred to a new account. At the bottom of the letter was two tick boxes and I was instructed to tick which account I wanted, visa or mc, no new agreement supplied with this letter although it was a new account.

sorry for the delay in this reply. In spite of BT's finest efforts the broadband connection is still acting up.

I've been asked a couple of times when the credit card was taken out. Experian state that it was the year 2000. However I'm certain that it was well before that. More like 1989-92. I know for a fact that I had it in 1995. For those of you who remember, it was taken out back in the days when HSBC used to provide two credit cards on the same account. One Access, and one Visa. I'm as certain as I can be that it was pre year 2K. Much later on the two cards were merged into just the one Mastercard. That's what might be confusing Experian.

did you send it recorded? when did you send it?

doubt they will ever find one for that long ago

I've now got the full info on this. It was posted on Wednesday October 22nd and yes it was recorded delivery. It was not signed for and has not been returned to me, Up to yesterday 26/11 the PO remained uncashed. Lost in post perhaps? Very odd, it's the first time I've had a recorded delivery letter go AWOL

was it sent to a box number?

It was sent to their UK HQ. 8 Canada Square. Which I assumed was the correct place to send it, I thought sending a recorded delivery letter to a PO box was a bit pointless so I sent it off to Canary Wharf.

If not delivered though I would have thought it would have returned to sender by now. I doubt it's anything sinister probably just a case of the letter being damaged or lost in one of the sorting offices. A family member used to work for the PO. It was not uncommon for letters to get lost in sorting offices for years. Some would fall off machinery and get trapped in or behind same. These things do happen from time to time, or so I'm told.

no nothing sinsiter

send a s78cca request to hsbc repayment services

doubt they will be able to come up with anything from that era

see what they do/dont come back with