bulldog puppy with hemi vertebrae

mandy2877
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi we bought a british bulldog puppy at 9 weeks old.

We had her vacinated and microchipped. After we had her 3 weeks her back legs went wobbly and we took her to vets. We were advised to get an xray which we did. She was diagnosed with hemi vertebrae and told to rest her..she just become worse and could hardly walk. The vet advised returning her to breeder. The breeder agreed to take her back. They said they couldn't give us a refund but would give us a replacement pup from a future litter. But have since deleted us off their page and im worried we are not going to get one. What are my rights. Ps pup has been put down now as deteriorated.

breeder agreed to take it back. refund, or replacement, plus costs? shouldn't breeder have them checked out prior to sale, is it something that shld be checked/known prior?

wait further input

welcome to cag btw :)

IMO

:-):rant:

Breeder agreed to take puppy back. And give us a pup from next litter. We only became aware of the condition after the xray. Apparently its inherited in the womb but can become noticable anytime in first few months. I used years of savings to buy her, plus over £100 for xray and treatment. We're not asking for costs just another pup as i couldn't possibly afford to buy another.

They said they couldn't give us a refund but would give us a replacement pup

from a future litter.

Couldn't or wouldn't? What if they don't have any more litters? Is there any time limit on this 'replacement'? I'm really sorry to say this but I think you need to start making this official with a formal request for a refund followed by the small claims route if they don't comply.

They said they couldn't afford a refund. They said they have 2 females that are due to be bred. I just thought it was odd when we were deleted off their page. Warning bells rang. And i became worried we weren't going to get another pup. I really don't know what to do for the best. I have tried to keep things friendly. They were saying if steroids were pescribed earlier she may have improved, but we followed all vets advice and medication and paid for xray immediately.

They said they couldn't afford a refund.

Not good enough. In purely commercial terms they have your money AND the goods which isn't on. You could be strung along for ages and as time goes by it becomes increasingly difficult to do anything. You don't want to rock the boat which is exactly what they're relying on.

Was this puppy KC registered from KC registered parents?

Yes was kc registered, and her parents were. We paid for vacinations, microchip toys beds u name it we bought it. It was heartbreaking returning her but vet and other breeders said it was for the best as we had only had her 3 weeks. I just desperately want another pup as like i said it was years of savings i used.

Did you have insurance on the pup !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes was kc registered, and her parents were

Do you still have details or did you hand back all paperwork with the pup? I know hindsight is a wonderful thing and the last thing on your mind at the time was the thought of getting your money back.

We had all papers put into our name.

Good. Do you know if the KC has a complaints procedure? The equivalent registration body for cats does but I'm not familiar with KC workings. You need to ring them and see if you can put in a complaint about this breeder.

Sorry to be judgemental, but why on earth did you waste years of savings and left yourself penniless just to get a posh sounding dog?

Do you know you can get a free dog from many places in uk?

Some of these places have volunteer vets attending the site for problems like yours, again free.

Sorry to be very down to earth, but you bought a living being, not some lifeless goods like a handbag.

All living creatures are subject to death, some sooner than others, so you cannot apply the soga to them.

You should consider yourself very lucky that the breeder is willing to give you another pup.

Anyway, I still think that a free dog from a dogs' home would have been more appropriate morally and financially, unless you hung about with Paris Hilton and need to compete with her Chihuahua.

Again, apologies for judging people actions, but sometimes one needs a rough journey back to reality.

Sorry to be very down to earth, but you bought a living being, not some

lifeless goods like a handbag.

You are being judgemental and it isn't OK to put all the blame on the buyer. They acted on veterinary advice. I'm a breeder and I wouldn't dream of not taking one of my kittens back if someone wasn't happy within a short time of buying, no reason necessary. I've jumped in my car and driven a hundred miles at no notice to take one back and given a full refund without question. I didn't blame the buyer, I blamed myself for lack of judgement in letting them have it in the first place. If there were health issues I'd be even more concerned and be contacting the buyers of every kitten from that litter to keep me informed. I have no time for breeders who sail close to the wind and do it to make money. If you can't afford to return a purchase price then you have no business creating those lives.

They said they couldn't afford a refund. They said they have 2 females that are due to be bred. I just thought it was odd when we were deleted off their page. Warning bells rang. And i became worried we weren't going to get another pup. I really don't know what to do for the best. I have tried to keep things friendly. They were saying if steroids were pescribed earlier she may have improved, but we followed all vets advice and medication and paid for xray immediately.

I hope to goodness they don't breed from the parents of your pup again! You could have a long wait and I'd be dubious about going to the same breeder.

Tell them that you've had a change of heart and aren't sure you want another pup so need your money back. If they refuse or say they can't then you have no option but to take them to court which will cost them more. It's all very well you not wanting to cause trouble, but it's the breeder causing this. Not you.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.