Cabot/Restons - Problems with CPR request

hjellenew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Recently responded to Claim form issued by the parties named above.

Issued CPR request to Restons copying Cabot.

Restons have replied stating they will not enter into correspondence with me because I did not sign my letter (I printed my name).

Anyone experienced this before?

How do I respond?

Thought they were legally obliged to provide documents contained in their particulars of claim if asked to do so by defendant??

Thanks.

Hi welcome to CAG

No reason not to sign a cpr request so sign and resend

But a cpr is just a request, you will get a standard response from restons

the most important request is

A cca request to Cabot

Tell us the full story please

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Hello there,

Thanks for the response.

Here, briefly, is what has gone on so far (feel free to let me know if you require any additional information)…

· Received claim form from Northampton County Court Business Centre on 17/10/2014 (issue date is 14/10/2014).

· Claimant is Cabot Financial, address for sending documents etc. is Restons Solicitors.

· Sent a CPR 31.14 request by recorded delivery on 20/10/2014 to Restons with a copy (also by recorded delivery) to Cabot.

Also sent my acknowledgement of service to Northampton by recorded delivery on the same date requesting more time.

· Received yesterday from Restons a response telling me that because I did not sign my letter to them (I printed my name) they are not going to respond to my request and that “please ensure that all documentation is signed failing which we will not acknowledge receipt nor provide any response” (they sent my letter back to me by the way so we can safely say they received it…)

As well as requesting the items mentioned in the particulars of claim,

I requested a copy of the default/termination notice and some other items to help me with my defence.

Restons make no reference to any of these in their response.

I have a strong suspicion that the debt may be statue barred but until I get the information I need from Restons or Cabots I can’t be sure and I'm not sure what Restons/Cabot have to gain from trying to get a judgement in their favour when they know they shouldn't be....are they professionals or what?

Can Cabot/Restons just ignore my CPR request and could you explain to me the benefit of a CCA request in addition to what I've already done?

Kind regards and thanks once again.

A cca request is a statutory requirement to enable enforcement

A cpr is just a request

Restons can ignore your cpr but it shows the court you are following proceedures

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

please read and fill in the following as far as you can, ensure that you are aware of the date on which you must submit your defence

ensure that you send a cca request asap

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-April-2014**