RAC WARRANTY, GOLD PARTS and LABOUR COVER

JGJ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Bought a used car recently which had 3 months Warranty as above. Had starter motor prob in 2nd month, the garage which have been excellent for customer service replaced motor without quibble.

The 3 months warranty is expiring shortly and I am considering taking out the above named RAC Warranty, Gold Parts and Labour Cover at £299 for 12 months cover.

I have always had the opinion, rightly or wrongly and reading press reports etc, that these Warrantys are not usually worth the paper they are printed on.:???:

The dealer I bought the vehicle at, have been as stated above. I would appreciate any further info/advice from the CAG team and posters, as to have the car Warranty cover policies improved or are they still tied up with Legalities as to why they will not/cannot pay for repairs.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

You don't say how much you paid for the car, so it's not possible to see what percentage of the purchase price is being proposed for the insurance cover.

However, despite the three months warranty, the car will be subject to protection under the Sale of Goods Act for longer than that so it is probably not worth getting the warranty. However, do be aware that if you try to assert your rights under the Sale of Goods Act, it is likely that your dealer will quibble and cause problems. However, that's what we're here to help you with – isn't it?

Just to add – that these warranties are a bit like PPI. They don't really give good value. You need to look at the small print. You will tend to find all sorts of bits and pieces which you associate with second-hand cars – such as clutches are not covered because they will say that they are wearing tear.

These extended warranties are a way of capitalising on your fear and your worry by selling you insurance cover for rights which you already enjoy under English law. The dealer would also prefer that you buy the cover because it means then that he is likely to get paid for work which he would normally be required to do for free as part of the contract.

BankFodder,

Thank you very much for your swift response it is as usual greatly appreciated.

Vehic le has 45000 miles on c lock and circa £6000,yes there are so many fair wear and tear c lauses.

All will be taken into consideration.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"