"New Posts" Not Working On Firefox?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought I would update this.

I have run SpyBotS&D (and found one dodgy registry entry for a search hijacker) and cleared all cookies.

I will keep going on the assumption that it is a problem with my PC (since it works in Chrome).

This is Firefox, I have just installed it to check. Seems to be working ok at my end.

Do a reboot and if that fails, do a System Restore back a week and try again. If that still fails, uninstall Firefox and install it again. Make sure you go to the real Mozilla site not some download site.

Do a scan with Malwarebytes

• Haha 1

What was happening was - well - nothing. I would click my bookmark for "new posts" (or the new posts link on the website) and the same hyperlink that Griff has posted. It would show the loading icon spinning for a few seconds and then nothing. No screen flash even. My browser firmly stayed on the page it was before I clicked.

If I logged out of CAG I would get the "no new posts to view" message. But logged in I got the wait and then nothing.

I smell a rat with my machine. Although I have done a system restore from last Tue, scanned with SpyBotS&D and done a full virus scan I suspect my browser is still hijacked. Or something has inserted a proxy server which can't resolve the page and doesn't return an error.

Unchecking "Autodetect settings for this network" on the proxy server page in Firefox has got it working. I need to dig deeper, because there is no proxy server set in Internet connections.

I also got a pop up inviting me to download a new browser called "Speed Browser" just now.

No internet banking for me until I get to the bottom of this or do a fresh install. I have another full virus scan running but I will also download Malwarebytes and run that overnight.

Thanks all for your help so far. I will keep you posted on developments.

OK, today's progress.

Firstly a big thanks to Conniff for the Malware Bytes tip. It picked up a bunch of software that SpyBot S&D missed. There were files from:

Trovit.A

WebSearch.A

Instashare.A

HelperBar.A

RogueMultiple

And a whole load of registry entries.

I think I got these when downloading some "freeware" software on Saturday. It also installed a bunch of stuff I didn't want. I removed all the additional programs using Control Panel and assumed that they were gone. Obviously not completely...

Apologies to the site team for the false alarm.

And thanks to the others for your help.

cld also try Super Anti Spyware (free), see if that picks up any further remnants. is good at removing.

re '...no new posts' re #5. i also get that sometimes. no viruses. is re fox (poss settings/addons/not logged in/version), as conn says

IMO

:-):rant:

Thanks for letting us know it isn't a site issue, Bandit.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D