Time to receive a DWP PIP award notice.

neword
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right. going to keep this short and sweet.

1 month ago my wife received a payment from DWP PIP into her bank account by total surprise as we had not received any notice that the claim had been sorted.

Today she received her next payment for PIP and yet we are still without a award notice letter.

I have been onto PIP on no fewer than 6 times and have requested callback so we could get it sorted.

Given that PIP is paid in arrears that would make it that the award was approved 7 weeks ago at least.

So, how long does it take to get a award letter?

The people you talk to (front line) are just going by what's on a screen in front of them and every time I phone it's the same old story that there's nothing on the screen other than the payments going out. They don't even know what the actual award is for (the elements).

However, the woman I talked to today said that a letter had been sent out in July. I queried that straight away as I said if a letter had been sent in July why is it that

[1] we had not received it and

[2] why was it that none of the other people I had talked to concerning this matter never mentioned the letter.

The phone went very quite after that and when she came back on it appeared that she backtracked a little and mumbled something about they were having system problems today.....

What should my plan of action be come Monday morning?

Should I give them hell?

Should I go with a SAR and get the information they are holding?

Any information would be appreciated

Hello neword, I was awarded ESA and got a phone call one evening in October and was told a letter would follow. I finally got my letter in February after speaking to 14 different people, I had to say that I would go to the jobcenter office in town so they would have no excuse for not printing off the letter that I needed. I don't understand why they are reluctant to send out letters. Good luck.