NRAM - repo on Thursday next week - HELP

Bella2010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3535 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am having enormous ongoing issues with NRAM.

I have even emailed the CEO, but found that to be a pointless exercise, and

have just been promised an investigation into my complaint.

I am urgently trying to resolve issues with them and as

my property is beng repossessed on Thursday next week, and

I have been calling them almost every day.

I have just put the phone down after being on hold for over 25 minutes, as I cannot take anymore.

No-one is able to sort things out for me;

every time I call I get a different person, who promises someone will call me back and no-one ever does!

Even the ongoing complaints department were too busy to speak to me, and promised a call back which never came.

Has anyone got any suggestions for ways to get anyone to help me?!

own thread created

please tell us the full story

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well, as briefly as I can,

NRAM suddenly decided over a year ago that we did not have consent to let,

even though we had been letting out the property with what we thought was their consent for over 8 years.

After a lot of hassle, they finally agreed to a consent to let, which was only for a year and expired a few months ago.

We re-applied, filled in all forms etc (twice, as they lost the first lot), and

they subsequently informed us that consent was not granted, without a reason.

Although we were paying the mortgage and £100 per month towards the arrears,

they told us we were in breach of mortgage covenants, and so we had to inform our tenants and let them go.

Since then the flat is empty, therefore we have not been able to pay mortgage,

therefore a suspended possession order, made two years ago, has not been met, and

we have a bailiffs letter saying the flat is being repossessed next Thursday.

All letters advising us of the eviction and repossession have gone to the flat, which we only discovered a few days ago.

We desperately want to keep the flat and have tried everything to get NRAM to grant consent to let,

so we can re-let the flat and pay the mortgage and arrears.

All they want to do is repossess it, and no-one will help me

- as I said, have called almost every day, written numerous letters; no-one will help me resolve it, no-one ever calls me back.

Have exhausted all avenues, and feel absolutely desperate.

Have now lodged two complaints with NRAM,

one is with financial ombudsman now, but they say they doubt they can help,

and have emailed CEO who has promised a copy of their complaints procedure!

Just an update; NRAM asked me to complete all income and expensiture questions and consent to let application over the phone on Friday, which I did, as they agreed to look at my case fully. I faxed 23 pages of supporting documentationthrough to them, and then this morning have received a letter by special delivery saying the eviction will go ahead. Still absolutely no reason given for refusing the consent to let. My poor husband is almost suicidal over all this. We appear powerless to do anything.

Hi there, you would need to get a N244 application into court to ask the judge to stop the eviction - that has to be done today if you are to get a hearing before the eviction date which is the day after tomorrow ? . However, as you have no way of paying the mortgage and the judge has no power to make NRAM allow you to let the property, the best you could hope for is to ask for time to sell the flat yourself.

How much are the arrears and how did they occur?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

The arrears are about £4,000 and they occurred when we were both made redundant within a year of each other. We had a suspended possession order and were paying £100 per month towards the arrears, until a couple of months ago when NRAM said we could not let the property.

Did you ever have permission from NRAM to let the property ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.