Honour Student Loans

Eagle Eyed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice on an account with Honour Student Loans please. It's a little complicated and, yes, largely my fault, but any advice would be appreciated.

I look at small (

This year I decided to enroll on a degree with Open Uni, starting with an Access course this year and moving onto the actual degree next September. It was during setting this up that I realised that I still had this loan, and that it had been passed to Honour Student Loans.

I'm afraid my dealings with them have been far from satisfactory...

They're telling me I owe over £1200, give very few details on how this is broken down - other than to state that SLC went to court in 2001, which I was never informed about.

I've stated I want full details before I agree to any repayments, which they are refusing to do so. I have requested all paperwork, and will put in an SAR shortly if needed, before I make any agreements. Am I within my rights to do so?

Whilst I may need to pay this off, I've already seen their attempts at bullying me into paying and I will not stand for that. I'll keep you informed of any progress.