post office have changed my adress to another town??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seems in order for the post office to deliver their mail slightly cheaper, they have changed my postal address, not just the post code. I now no longer live in the town the house has belonged to for 150 years.

Can they legally move my town adress as I thought boundaries had to be changed by statute?

I am no longer on the voting/ Electoral role list for my town... or any other town.

The insurance companies can't find me so can't insure me.

The school is discussing whether my children will have to move.

It is having a devastating effect on our family!

Any and all help gratefully received.

WON lloyds walked away after second hearing £10,000 2014

WON Mbna after 3rd hearing £5,000, 2014

WON Barclaycard 1st hearing £2015, 4,500

Is it just you or others in your area.

Perhaps have a word with the Boundaries commission to see if any changes were made that you were aware of.

Does seem rather weird .

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Is it just you or others in your area.

Perhaps have a word with the Boundaries commission to see if any changes were made that you were aware of.

Does seem rather weird .

Thanks CB .. It is just me. It was changed with no review or consultation.

It was done to save the royal mail a few quid .....Allegedly!

I will check tomorrow with boundaries commission.

I am sure they can't just change your address to save £20 a year.. madness.

Kids are upset as they will be first out if the school is oversubscribed as it normally is.

Written to my Mp.. we will see.

Regards as always Jack

After digging a bit further;

The Post Office has a data base called PAf this was sold when it was privatised. The information from the PAF database is used by basically everyone, including schools, doctors surgery, electoral role finance, insurance etc etc.

The address on the PAF database is not what the local Authority has on their file. Our address remains the same as it has for the last 150 years (bar postcode).

So I am now wondering about the Post Office giving out false information and my private/ public access data. COULD Someone have a think about the rights and wrongs of this. I know we have some real experts on this side of things.

Further, The Post office admits it only changed my address it to make life easier for themselves to deliver as my house is the border of town (A)and then there is several miles of greenbelt to the next town (B).. BUT I am no longer the border but am classed in the next town (B)..

The problem is it now sells the address it invented to make their life easier as fact.. when it is not. The Local Authority and boundary commission have the power as far as I know.

It seems the Private sector is now eroding borders. What next Tescos changing your address on their data file to make home delivery easier and then selling it to the private sector as Fact? Slippery Slope!

Regards To you all

Jack

The school is discussing whether my children will have to move.

If your childen are already on roll at the school they cannot be removed just because the Post Office has changed your post town. In fact they cannot be removed for any reason except by being permanently excluded for their behaviour. (I''m assuming it's a local authority/state school.)

Apparently you can object to the change

Should 20% or more of those affected by the change indicate that they do object to the proposed change Royal Mail will instigate the following:

A poll of all addresses affected by the change, with not less than 50% of those polled responding and a simple majority of addresses voting being in favour of the change; Royal Mail will aim to conclude such a poll and implement any address changes within two months of the ballot being initiated and advise customers of any changes to these timescales. Royal Mail will advise Ofcom of the feedback obtained on the occasions that a ballot is required.

Since its only you being affected then I think you are covered in both points.

It also seems you can appeal to Ofcom as well.

Apparently you can object to the change

Should 20% or more of those affected by the change indicate that they do object to the proposed change Royal Mail will instigate the following:

A poll of all addresses affected by the change, with not less than 50% of those polled responding and a simple majority of addresses voting being in favour of the change; Royal Mail will aim to conclude such a poll and implement any address changes within two months of the ballot being initiated and advise customers of any changes to these timescales. Royal Mail will advise Ofcom of the feedback obtained on the occasions that a ballot is required.

Since its only you being affected then I think you are covered in both points.

It also seems you can appeal to Ofcom as well.

Thanks Topcat.. will get onto it and let you know

regards Jack

If your childen are already on roll at the school they cannot be removed just because the Post Office has changed your post town. In fact they cannot be removed for any reason except by being permanently excluded for their behaviour. (I''m assuming it's a local authority/state school.)

Thanks for your reply Ethel street .. I believe this is the case and the schools hands are tied as you suggest,.

King Regards to you Jack