Amazon marketplace seller will not refund shipping

dfs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There has been no update from either party.

What are my chances in taking

1. Amazon to small claims court for making false compensation statements?

The original conversation is that they asked me to send the item back while they would pay the shipping, they were not able to contact the seller on the details provided. Then I sent the item back and forwarded the receipt. The conversation must have been recorded, although recordings suddenly become "unavailable" when requested for evidence.

Then another person calls me "I've contacted the seller who has confirmed that, once checked, they wlll refund the item and the shipping costs in returning the item" also in writing. Both conversations must be recorded.

Should Amazon be liable to pay the shipping after all these cock ups or they just invoke a paragraph and are completely absolved?

Even worse, Amazon still allows the trader to carry on trading while in violation of UK consumer law and Amazon policy.

I don't understand the position of Amazon UK as an intermediate party, what does the consumer law dictate on such cases?

2. The seller to small claims court? Based on my consumer rights and distance sales, the item was not new as described, it was defective and seller accepted the damage. I have the right to return and since it was a distant sale they have to bear the cost. Their marketplace policy page points to Amazon UK Returns&Refunds. Therefore the policy is misleading or simply they are in breach of the policy. Simple? Should I look for any EU or UK arbitration service to submit evidence or simply file a small claims?

3. Going public that Amazon made false promises to a customer purchasing through Marketplace platform and they fell below expectations....Then Amazon UK sues me.