PLEASE HELP ! Transport Investigation Limited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi just to update you that the matter is proceeding to court and is due to be heard within the next week.

He has completed a means form and a plea form stating he is pleading guilty and not attend court.

He is being charged under section 5.3.A regulation of railways act 1889.

Can I ask as he has a caution from BTP for breakage of the barrier I have been told that this matter is settle and should not nesscaily be brought upin court is this true ?

Also as he has been given the option of not attending court can I take it that prison is not an option as the sunmons only mentions that the train company are claiming £3.20 compensation and £125 costs but I know he will have a fine and a surcharge also.

The fare evasion will not lead to prison, has to be a habitual offender for that to happen.

£125 costs, £3.20 fare

Guilty plea, I'd say £250 fine, £25 victim surcharge.

The prosecutor may mention the fact that damage was made to the barrier in the course of committing the fare evasion offence(s), as part of his evidence, but the caution is the end of the matter for the criminal damage and won't change.

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative terms removed, could be inflammatory.