K and Co unauthorised automatic insurance renewal

Amy_Elizabeth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there folks, just wondering if you could help me a little.

I have had a account with k & co (previously great universal) for over 10 years now.

After having my laptop repaired i asked to extend the guarantee which works out just as much for a year as it was for the previous 4 years (but that's another matter)

Anyway, whilst in email conversation with a customer service rep, he mentioned that all insurances automatically renew when the policy ends.

I was totally unaware of this and could well still be paying insurance for items i no longer have!!!

Ive read the small print on the back of insurance policy's i was sent and it only states that guarantee will automatically renew if it has been extended yet the customer service rep states all insurances do it.

Im obviously digging deeper into this this and have demanded that they tell me exactly what insurances are still running and what is on the auto re-newel.

If it turns out that im still paying for items upto 10years on and wasn't made aware of the automatic renewal system, do you think there is any way of re-claiming the money back? Im livid as nowhere in the documents or insurance policy does it state the renewal happens with all insured items!

Thanks in advance, Amy.