K and Co unauthorised automatic insurance renewal

Amy_Elizabeth
style="text-align: center;"> Β 

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the lastΒ 3564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Β 

Please click the "Report " link

Β 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

Β 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and moreΒ helpΒ 

Β 

Thanks

Hi there folks, just wondering if you could help me a little.

Β 

I have had a account with k & co (previously great universal) for over 10 years now.

Β 

After having my laptop repaired i asked to extend the guarantee which works out just as much for a year as it was for the previous 4 years (but that's another matter)

Β 

Anyway, whilst in email conversation with a customer service rep, he mentioned that all insurances automatically renew when the policy ends.

Β 

I was totally unaware of this and could well still be paying insurance for items i no longer have!!!

Β 

Ive read the small print on the back of insurance policy's i was sent and it only states that guarantee will automatically renew if it has been extended yet the customer service rep states all insurances do it.

Β 

Im obviously digging deeper into this this and have demanded that they tell me exactly what insurances are still running and what is on the auto re-newel.

Β 

If it turns out that im still paying for items upto 10years on and wasn't made aware of the automatic renewal system, do you think there is any way of re-claiming the money back? Im livid as nowhere in the documents or insurance policy does it state the renewal happens with all insured items!

Β 

Thanks in advance, Amy.