Statements only going back to 2005 with HSBC Bank Account

Wulfen40
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

Need some advice, I recently SAR'd HSBC, I had a business account in 2002 which was closed in 2003/4 I think and I also had a current account at the same time which ran until 2006.

HSBC have sent me my current account transactions but they are only for the period of July 2005 to July 2006. According to the sheets they sent me, the sheets are numbered, the first one is marked at sheet 60 and the last one numbered sheet 84.

They haven't sent me the sheets previously.

The letter that was sent said and I quote..

"As discussed on the phone, the earliest statements held on our database are mid 2005. Earlier statements have now been purged to ensure we adhere to Data Protection Act 1998 regulations that personal data must not be kept longer than necessary."

Also they sent me a "screenshot" of my business account details on a sheet which says "No Statements Found"

Additionally they say...

"With regards to your business account number xxxx with HSBC, whilst we can still see the account number on our system and that you were a business customer since 2002, any background information has now been deleted. This would mean that the account closed prior to mid 2005. I have enclosed screen prints as confirmation that the data has been deleted"

I thought these banks held this kind of data for years, weird seeing that I spoke to RBoS yesterday on the phone and they are sending me my old account statements from 1992 to 2004 !!

Are they just deleting peoples account details who send in a SAR so they cant claim back unfair charges and call it "purging their systems" under the pretext of "adhering to the Data Protection Act 1998?"

What can I do now? I know I am missing statements and I haven't a clue as to how much or when they were excessively charging me etc???

Wulfen40