• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

IVA with Churchwood/Kingsgate Insolvency. Money Gone Missing?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

silentmovieman,

Jokes aside now !!!!

"Been there, done it, got the tee shirt, made the film".

Wait for "theoldrouge" (CAG member)

The DCA's may be misleading you. .........

Having read this thread from start to finish.

I'm of the opinion they are.

As you quoted in a previous post "To me an untrained eye".

"theoldrouge" is a trained eye.

"Sit on your hands" and wait for his / hers input. ............ You've nothing to lose; ... But plenty to gain.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

silentmovieman,

Jokes aside now !!!!

"Been there, done it, got the tee shirt, made the film".

Wait for "theoldrouge" (CAG member)

The DCA's may be misleading you. .........

Having read this thread from start to finish.

I'm of the opinion they are.

As you quoted in a previous post "To me an untrained eye".

"theoldrouge" is a trained eye.

"Sit on your hands" and wait for his / hers input. ............ You've nothing to lose; ... But plenty to gain.

Your right i did think theoldrouge was to do with Marlin and their agent.

I am happy to wait for their feedback and again thank you guys to for all your advice.

So am i over simplifying it by thinking that the debt is outstanding and that Marlin are perfectly within their rights to take court action to get the money from us?

It just seems from my understanding of all that ive done regarding sar and all that that Marlin have bought the debt, done nothing untoward and now want what's owed to them.

I will patiently await theoldrouge to hear their take on things.

Your right i did think theoldrouge was to do with Marlin and their agent.

I am happy to wait for their feedback and again thank you guys to for all your advice.

So am i over simplifying it by thinking that the debt is outstanding and that Marlin are perfectly within their rights to take court action to get the money from us?

It just seems from my understanding of all that ive done regarding sar and all that that Marlin have bought the debt, done nothing untoward and now want what's owed to them.

I will patiently await theoldrouge to hear their take on things.

Just for my own curiosity ive just completed an income and expenditure form to see what's what but don't think I'm doing it right as according to what I've put there's a spare £650 each month. I wish there bloody was

Whilst Im awaiting theoldrouge to take a swing by and give their feedback on my situation does anybody know of a good site that provides useful guidelines regarding income and expenditure.

Im just getting the figures right in my head in a worst case scenario situation (having to provide the information to the court in the case of a ccj or bankruptcy) and I have found a few websites that all seem to provide different information. The best site ive come across is Harrington Brooks which provides an excel spreadsheet into which i can put the information.

The trouble is that based on the figures I input it comes out with £400+ of disposable income which I can tell you we certainly dont have. The immediate thought then of course would be that we are overspending or going out too much etc but that is not the case either as we very rarely go out anywhere (for a meal/cinema etc) so I'm really at a bit of a loss to be honest.

Heres what I've got this far - (all pm)

Wages £640 (Just my wife working on a part time basis, she does have a student loan which is worth £11,436 a year, I have been informed by the insolvency service that if she did file for bankruptcy then the student loan would be considered as income in regards to the possibility of waiving certain court fees. therefore it has to be divided by 12 which gives a monthly figure of £953)

Total wages then = £640 + £953 = £1593

Housing benefit = £440

Child Benefit = £135 (we have two children, third is due in April)

Child Tax Credit = £440

Total Income = £2608

Outgoings -

Rent = £625

Council Tax = £100

TV Licence = £12

GAs/Electricity = £77

Water = £30

Mobile (2 lines) = £70

Catalogue = £50

Other debt = £45

Food = £550

Sky (tv,internet and home phone) = £80

Car tax = £19

Car Insurance = £45

Home Insurance = £10

Petrol = £150

Clothes = £155 (including school clothes etc, obviously going to be higher when baby gets here)

Public Transport = £20

School Trips = £18

Sundries = £56

OPticians = £28

Medicines = £16

Pets = £34

Total = £2190

This gives a disposable income of £418 which of course any court would argue could be paid towards Marlin and I assume would also count against any petition for BR. I realise that this is all pie in the Sky but a little bit of forward preperation never hurt right?

Been very tied up this week

Will start on this early next week

Can we see Ag, the DN, termination notice

And all Kingsgate paperwork including t&cs please

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Been very tied up this week

Will start on this early next week

Can we see Ag, the DN, termination notice

And all Kingsgate paperwork including t&cs please

Sorry for this but what is ag and dn and by termination notice i assume you mean the one from Kingsgate in regards to the iva?

no the Northern Rock stuff

termination notice

agreement

Default notice

and anything from kingsgate & their T%C's

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

do you have copies of the original dn sent 5/7/2006

and the registered letter sent 21/4/2009 both by Northern Rock?

we must see all the Kingsgate paperwork plus their t&cs

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I've gone back through what nr sent me and

all of the original documents that i have and

i can't remember our find anything like a letter of termination and I'm pretty sure i never had one.

This may be due to moving house or whatever but everything nr sent me following my sar i have posted on here already.

as they indicate in the statements PDF write off - I think they must have done.

dn date is 5/7/6

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Had another look through what I've got and cannot find anything that could be what you're talking about.

Admittedly i don't have much of my original paperwork from nr as it's been 9 years

almost since we defaulted and went to the dmp then iva.

As you know i sent a sar to nr and i have posted everything they sent me

so if they should have sent me a copy of such a termination letter they haven't.

The only termination documents i have are from kingsgate and relate to the default of the iva.

lets see all the original paperwork that you have

plus everything inc t&cs from Kingsgate

yes plus the iva application and their t&cs

and any original NR paperwork

here are all the documents you have posted to date

and they

look thru the attachments

upload anything you have that is not contained already.

remember put them all in a word doc first

then PDF that multipage word doc and post it up

dx

and they

I definately dont have any correspondence from NR, in fact going through the old statements I have I realised that they are all for my debt and not the one in question as regards this thread. As for what NR sent me when i sent the SAR to them, you have seen it all so in regards to this matter that is it.

I have gone through the mountains of paperwork that Kingsgate sent me (the NR info is on about 20 sheets of a4 if that, the Kingsgate stuff is well over 200 pages) and have pulled out all of the stuff that I think relates to this case. If some of it isnt relevant then just skip over it but I'm trying to be as helpful as I can so you guys can give me a better idea of my options.

pers info like names showing on numerous pages

and they

I have today emailed NR (i have been in contact with one of their staff since receiving the SAR from them) requesting that they send me the two letters you have mentioned from 2006 and 2009. As soon as I get them I will post them here.

On a related note I am surprised that the MArlin agent has not yet graced my doorstep as yet, I was expecting to have seen them by now. Im not really sure what a lemon debt is but im pretty sure that this isnt one.

if you do get one

tell the doorstepper to do one

or you'll call the police [101]

they are NOT BAIIFFS

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

never ever pay a DCA on the phone or at your door

lemon means a spoof debt.

if/if not you owe anything is conjecture at present.

and they

can you please post up the ENTIRE cca reply you received from Marlin

what was the date of the NOA you received from Marlin?

please confirm the original agreement was for 120 months