2009 Natwest/shakespeare charging Order - now drydens chasing

Myfamily
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Got a problem with Shakespeare Putsman.

Had a loan with natwest around £30k.

stopped paying and account defaulted in August 2008.

Shakespeares took us to court and got a chargin order, (i cannot remember excatly when)

we made arrangements started at around £100 which we mainatined for quite a while then we wrotea and asked for a reductions gradually and our last amounts was £20 per month.

Last payment was in May,

I have had so much going on in recent months,

that I had to use every penny I could,

they have now written to me and want me to contact them by today!

They say that I have failed to maintain payments (which I admit I have!) and they want me to clear the arrears immediately which is around £60, I just don't have right now.

To be honest I have 4 payments for loans credit cards etc and shakepseares were getting £20 per month while the other got £10. so £50 for all per month

I was thinking recently of reducing them all to £1 per month for a while till I can get myself up to date with everything else. I am behind in my council tax again, as well as utitlity bills which I know are priority.

I checked my credit report and 2 of my defaulted accounts have now fallen off my credit report, both happen to be Natwest. This one for the loan and small amount for a credit card which I am paying moorcroft for.

Now shakespeares are threatening that "their client will consider further action" if I don't contact them.

"if you are in any doubt as to the effect of this letter, we recommend that you seek independant advice"

it sounds like they want to enforce the charging order??

Can anyone advise,

does it make any difference that this account has now come off my credit report.

What can they do?

What Can I do?

Any advice would be great,

I really don't want to go back to court

I can't afford these payments at the moment,

the other have no charging order etc

I'm not too worried about them but Shakespeares make me a bit nervous!

Ah.. they have a charging order on this debt ? I think this becomes a priority debt once a CO is in place - however you cant allow your council tax to fall behind.

I will try and find someone who can help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi there, it might be helpful to complete a budget sheet to show exactly what your financial situation is before we decide what can be done to help - I have affixed the budget sheet we normally use, it calculates automatically as you fill it in.

Mortgage, and council tax are you main priorities, as are any county court judgements.

When you received the order from the court following charging order - was there a monthly amount specified on it ?

Any other debt which is not secured or subject to a court order is not a priority and you should be asking them to accept token payments while you get back on your feet (we can deal with those letters later).

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

If you don't want to post it here you can email it to me :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

You could apply to the court to 'vary' the judgment to a lower amount. You could also consider adding a condition - such as no further enforcement - on the proviso that you stick to the arrangement.

The further action they mention is likely to be an order for sale, in reality these are very rare and nigh on impossibke if the proeprty is jointly owned with children living there.

Seq.

Thanks Sequenci, I will dig out my paper work and see if I can find any more info. I would rather sort this out direct with the solicitors though, I don' really want to do court again, it was stressfull this year going to court and I really can't handle it again!

Ell-enn - any thoughts on my budget sheet that I posted??

Well, I have now written to Shakspeares with a copy of my budget sheet.

I apologised that I was in arrears but not in a position to settle those arrears, have explained all of my financial and personal circumstances and asked them to accept £10 per month, so fingers crossed. Really stressed out, lots has happened this year, and I could really do with out a visit to court!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Well it took them a little while but I'm very happy to report that Shakespeares have accepted my reduced payment offer of £10 per month, so feeling very relieved :-)

I have reduced my other creditors to £1 per month as they are non-priority. So hopeflly this will help me get my life back in order.

I have checked my noddle and my husbands noddle and this account is no longer on our credit file, i think it dropped off at the end of July, but even before that this must have been a ccj and that is not showing either - what does this mean?

If the default is over 6 years old, then this is probably the reason. Noddle is not a reliable barometer from what I understand - do you know which of the other CRAs, NatWest uses ?

You could check trustonline for the CCJ record - I think it will cost you £4.00 - http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself It is my understanding that they are only recorded for 6 years on this and is very accurate.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 year later...

Hi All, Just have a quick question about this. The default has definatley come off my credit file and I checked trust online and there is no record of a ccj in my name or hubbys name. I missed a payment last month and shakespeares have sent a reather threatening letter, just wondering what can they actually do now?

If you maintain payments. They cant do anything. The CCJ is still active, just after 6 years it isnt on your file.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I've probably posted this in the wrong place, sorry if I did, please move if necessary.

I have received a few letters recently from Drydens re an old debt (default date 31/08/2008) and no longer on my credit file, but I believe I was paying until sometime approx. 2 years ago, the payments were to Moorcroft.

So now Drydens have been writing to me asking for payment.

but I have questions.

This is no longer on my credit file, but I have made payments up till approx. 2 years ago. but it also went to court and Natwest (original owners) got a charging order. - should I have paid?

I have looked on trust online and it does not appear there, there's no CCJ or orders or judgements at all! but I also don't understand the entry on my land reg document.

** Equitable charge created by an interim charging order of

the Woolwich County Court dated ** ****** 2009 in favour of National

Westminster Bank Plc.**

Can you help?

who are drydens stating is their client.....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

old and new threads merged

please keep to one thread per issue.

renamed and moved to legals

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

AFAIK there is no need to pay anything on a CO

as that's just the CCJ's security.

p'haps they want to fund their holidays off you?

dx

and they

so?

did they judge order you to pay anything when he granted the ICO?

and they

if you re-read the now merged thread its already been explained?

CCJ 's only show on public records for 6yrs.

and they