ESA3 form, backdated benefit

dc1960
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be very grateful if someone could provide clarification on this please; I *think* I know the answer, but not certain. My appeal was upheld at a tribunal in June of this year in relation to ESA benefit which had been suspended in December 2012. Shortly after the tribunal I had a letter to this effect from the DWP and I anticipated receipt of backdated benefit approximately 8 weeks from the tribunal hearing.

What I had forgotten, of course, was that they would need to reassess my eligibility from January 2013, i.e. immediately following benefit suspension, and I duly received an ESA3 form just last week which I have completed and returned (there has been no change of circumstances since benefit was suspended).

Am I correct in thinking that reinstatement of benefit (and thus receipt of backdated benefit) will be subject to the DWP's usual processing time scales or is too much to hope that such cases are somehow "fast tracked"?

Many thanks.