HSBC Premier charges £599 for advice about Protection product

DrO
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Members

After initial assessment, I was told that I meet the criteria for HSBC Premier (salary) but I was advised that I should buy a Protection product. The issue is that they are charging £599+VAT for arranging Protection product

Is this normal?

the Premier Relationships Manager sent me an email

"Please be advised that in order to arrange an Investment or Protection product with me you would be subject to an advice fee which is a minimum of £499 + VAT"

I replied that I would not need advice as I would just purchase the protection product. I am waiting for their response

The HSBC Premier account would be useful when being overseas and transferring money from different accounts without charge

Thanks in advance for your advice

• 1 month later...

I am sorry that nobody has responded to your query. I have only just read it. My wife was a premier account holder and we ended up very disappointed with HSBC's services and losing a lot of investment money.

My advice would be to steer clear of Premier Banking, their advice to her was extremely poor and relatively expensive and premier managers were constantly changing. In essence I formed the opinion that HSBC was only interested in HSBC.

Carningli