Scottish welfare fund alternates?

flynnsmum123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

wondering if anyone can help?

i have about £3 in coppers to my name (my mum took my last £10 i had til friday) and

my 3 year old has a hospital appointment tomorrow that she can't miss.

..i cant get a bus there because it drops you off about 30 mins walk,

probably more with a 3 year old and i am physically unable to walk that far due to health issues,

my electric is going to cut out at half 9 tomorrow morning and i have no gas.

electric meter is taking between £25-£30 per week which is partly the reason im in this situation,

phone them every week and have done for probably the last year and

apparently there is nothing wrong.

yeah right,i dont live in a castle or a mansion and everything not in use is switched off.

9/10 i can't afford gas cause im handing out near £100 or more a month just for the pleasure of electricity.

anyway i am rambling

i wont be eligible for the welfare fund because ive already had help 3 times this year

and it usually takes hours to even get to speak to someone and

the hosp appointment is at 10.30 and id have no electric so the food i do have would no doubt be ruined

are there any alternate places i can turn to for help?

obviously my mother has no money since she took the last of mine and i can't ask anyone else

thanks for any replies

If you have health issues that affect your ability to mobilise, then you may qualify for free or heavily subsidised transport to/from the hospital. Contact your local council and ask if they have a Community Transport service or google for a Community Transport Association operating in your area.

As for your energy problems, post on the Utilities forum and see if anyone there can help - £1200 over the course of a year for electricty sounds excessive unless the meter is clawing back some unpaid bills.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

not long off the phone to the council and

the welfare department is of course closed but

they gave me the out of hours social work number to see if they knew of any alternate ways of helping but

according to them nothing in the whole of glasgow but food banks.

they only provide reimbursements of bus fares for appointments

i had already asked about that as im spending on my appointments alone £20 return journey.

i pay like £3 debt back on the meter and £2 odds standing charges so even with the £5 off

what im putting on it it is excessive but they dont listen and

ive tried to switch 3 times now and they keep blocking it even though my debt is under £100 and the other provider know about it.

looks like im stuck then.

council lady said she'd put in for the welfare team to phone me in the morning,

need to leave the house at 10 or just before to get to the hospital so

i hope they call between the time im back from dropping 1 kid off at school and before i'd be leaving.

guess it will just be one of those weeks

you can switch with upto £500 debt on electric.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sorry for the late replies,son was taken to hospital by ambulance monday morning so everything has taken a back seat to that.

welfare fund took my details on monday first thing,wanted a bank statement so sent one over and got a phone call to tell me i had sent them a credit card statement,when i told them it was a current account and the company do not offer credit facilities such as a credit card i was told it wasn't good enough so couldn't help.

i dont have a certificate of exemption from tax credit but i get free prescriptions,glasses etc

sorry for the late replies,son was taken to hospital by ambulance monday morning so everything has taken a back seat to that.

welfare fund took my details on monday first thing,wanted a bank statement so sent one over and got a phone call to tell me i had sent them a credit card statement,when i told them it was a current account and the company do not offer credit facilities such as a credit card i was told it wasn't good enough so couldn't help.

i dont have a certificate of exemption from tax credit but i get free prescriptions,glasses etc

I hope your son is better and home soon.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.