Still waiting for new tenancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I moved in the house on the 27th July 2013 and we had a 12 month contract. This obviously ran out on the 27th July 2014 and we are still waiting for a new tenancy.

I rang him 4 weeks prior to the 27th July to see if we would be stopping and to make arrangements to get a new tenancy sorted. The landlord said he has it in his diary and he would be around before it expired.

But every time something crops up. Every single time he is meant to come something important happens and he never tells me. I find out by ringing him and asking if he is still coming. I rang him today and he never answered so I left a message. He rang me back two hours later to say he would be around today. So I cancelled any plans I had with the kids and stopped in. Just rang him again and again something cropped up.

It is nearly two weeks now since our tenancy ended and its starting to annoy me.

Any advice? or has this just been a rant and a case of me waiting?

Cheers

Assuming that landlord has not ever served you with a Section 21 notice, then, as mariner says, your tenancy should automatically become a Statutory Periodic Tenancy (SPT) where the contract still stands but you may end it with one rental month's notice and the landlord may issue a Section 21 giving at least 2 rental months' notice.

This may suit you, or you may want to have more security in which case a new contract is important to you.

There is the possibility that the LL would prefer the tenancy to be an SPT implying he wants to retain a right to end tenancy at some point with just the 2 months' notice. Or he is just disorganised, busy, and inconsiderate.